Ghostbusters 2 Deleted Scenes (With Pictures!)

So while going through some of my old stuff I found a folder with about 8 pages deleted scenes from an old Ghostbusters fan site called River of Slime. I tried finding the website, but since it was a geocities site, I can find no trace of it any more. I found one link that had reviews from 2003 of the site, and that was it. I also happen to have the the Ghostbusters 2 novel, which has some pictures with descriptions of deleted scenes and probably has some of them in the book as well, and the storybook. According to the notes I made on the print out the storybook details 4 deleted scenes and has 8 pictures of the deleted scenes. Sadly, the print out of the website cuts a little off the right side of the page, but I have been able to mostly figure it out.

I noticed on the Wiki page for GB2 on here, that there were no deleted scenes listed. Would y’all be interested in me putting them up here and also taking pictures from the storybook and adding them to this?

I think if you do some digging, now that the GB1 and GB2 sections merged, you’ll find at least one thread that was discussing these scenes. If it’s not on the wiki, this might be a good time to update it if you have the info.

I did this quickly, I will go back and add more to this later, as well as see if I can find a scanner to make these look better. But here are all the pics and text from the storybook that covers deleted or alternate scenes. I didn’t include single lines that were changed, these are entire scenes that are not featured or drastically changed.

Two Slightly Different Pics (could be mistaken that these are different from final film)

image

GB2AltEctoMOMAPIc by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2EgonRaySlimeTest by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

Possessed Ray (You can see part of this scene in the montage, the part where Peter is in the back of the Ecto and gives a weird look is from this scene)

image

GB2PosessedRayPic by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2PosessedRayText by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

Louis Vs Slimer (Parts of this can be scene in the ending credits, the mirror shot of Slimer is from Louis’ head gear which you can see in the pics.)

image

GB2LouisSlimerFightPic2 by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2LouisSlimerFightText by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2LouisSlimerPic by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2LousiSlimerFightEndingText by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

A Different Ending

image

GB2ALSPic by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2LouisEndingText by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2SoL by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

image

GB2SoLText by Chuch of Atom, on Flickr

Might want to browse around a bit more on this very site, it will save you from reinventing the wheel.

http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters-2/books/storybook-jovial-bob-stein/

Alex

Thanks man! I saw that but I didn’t click on it at all. I just assumed it was just saying it existed. I figured someone would have gone through it and brought up these scenes.

And you may want to check out some other sites as well. :wink:

Pretty comprehensive, including most of the pics from the storybook…

Be sure to click the links at the top of the page to read each deleted scene’s separate entry.

Alex

Also keep in mind (and I’m pretty sure it was mentioned back on ol’ River of Slime) that a lot of these photos are just unit photography, probably taken in between setups/during crew turnarounds. Not necessarily deleted scenes per se.

weird they show the Sherm Tully(Eugene Levy) pic as part of the possessed Ray scene.

BTW, I actually asked Ernie about the possessed Ray scene and he couldn’t remember filming it. He said he would have remembered hitting Dan Aykroyd in the face.

So they filmed the leaving the museum shots, interior shots with Peter and Egon looking worried, maybe the rest would have involved the actors being in a studio in a fake front seat where Winston grabs the steering wheel. I imagine the car crashing into a tree would have been the last thing to be filmed. Maybe the scene was started and abandoned…

Lets actually think bout this logically: do we really wanna see an ecto embedded into a tree? I mean,just thought of it makes me cringe. I imagine it did that to an executive and the shot was scrapped.

Wonderful info! Sorry I have been slacking on getting the rest of the stuff up. I will be adding all of the River of Slime text soon. i’ve been busy prepping all of my extra GB toys for sale and writing a fan film.

Is it just me or does Egon look really angry in the new Years Eve photo there near the end?