Ghostbusters 2 novel ?

hey guys I was just wondering, does anyone here happenen to have the gb 2 novel uploaded some where as a pdf or anything? I just finished reading Ghostbusters the return and I read the first novel as well and I have been searching EVERYWHERE for the Gb2 novel to read. I im asking if anyone out there has it or knows of a link i can read it on line. Thanks

Amazon.com is where I found both versions of the first novelization, you might get lucky finding the second one there too.

edit:

http://www.amazon.com/GHOSTBUSTERS-II-Yearling-B-B-Hiller/dp/0440402379?tag=gbfans-discourse-20

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

ive been wonding that too, thanks

Are we speaking of the one with the photo of Venkman and Dana talking in the courtroom? I actually saw this in good condition at Half Price Books a few weeks back.

There were two versions of the GB2 novel. The one Sutton linked to is the “young readers” version by BB Hiller. There’s also a more “adult” version by Ed Naha.

i wish there was a half price books near by so i could check. The nearest one of those is in Corpus christi i belive. Im looking for either book but i just want to read them and i havent had any luck finding them online as pdfs so i guess i have to keep looking.

I am currently working on the B. B. Hiller gbII novel. I didn’t think there be much interest in either of the GBII novels so I have been taking my time. But I see pdf of the B.B. Hiller book being finished next week. Spook Central gets my outputs, so keep a eye on his blogs/facebook feed. :cool:

damn, now i’ll have to get the other version too. Thanks for the info though!

What was the one where there’s a line at the end about the Statue of Liberty’s torch being in the wrong hand now?

Alex

B.B. Hiller’s GBII Novel (JR)

Dude you rock. Ill keep an eye out and thanks for the heads up :cool:

I plan on working on the Ed Naha book soon. But since I had a scan of the pic described, here is the image. I plan on trying to scan it again as Dana’s face is whited out in this scan.

Woo another deleted scene found!

Maybe that’s why Winston disappeared. Venkman asked him to drive Dana back to work.

Alex

This is an amazing thread! I love deleted scenes! They really need to add Ghostbusters II onto Blue-Ray so I can get all my extras :slight_smile:

I was asking the same thing after seeing that picture and believe it or not, the Ed Naha novel also has Dana in the courtroom before the case began.

*Note: This image has not been edited or cleaned in any sort of way. Straight scan of pages 57 and 58. *

I checked my copy of the script for GB2, and the Venkman/Dana dialogue in the novel is almost verbatim from pages 38 and 39.

What’s interesting is that there seems to be no inclusion of Winston in the scene as scripted.

So they wrote the scene to include Dana, complete with an explanation for her exiting. They shot that scene.

At some point, they decided to ADD Winston to the scene, and reassign some of the lines to different characters.

As edited, Dana is never seen and Winston is seen but disappears with no explanation.

My gut feeling is that during editing, they realized Winston was being under-utilized, and decided during reshoots to add him to more scenes. Hence his inclusion at the courtroom, and the late additions of the bathroom fire-rescue and the tunnel scene with the severed heads and ghost train, neither of which appear to be in my copy of the script.

Alex

I agree with those thoughts. I think Winston was not written as a major character. They saw that this was not a good idea as far as PR and fitting with the cartoon. At the end of the day, this was one of many bad moves at the end of production of the movie that made it less appealing.

i’m pretty sure there weren’t any reshoots for the courtroom scenes. from what i can tell on some call sheets, hudson and weaver’s courtroom bits were both shot on the same day. i have NO idea why the scene plays out like it does, though. perhaps another victim of the rushed production schedules? if we only had a commentary track…

i have a decent color pic of dana in the courtroom scene somewhere on this poor, unorganized drive. it seems like it was posted here at one point…

both the firehouse darkroom fire and ghost train scenes were added VERY late in production. i think it might be the rolling stone article, or maybe cinefex, that talks about the ghost train bit being shot so late. maybe even weeks before the movie opened.

Yes, it was Cinefex. For the ghost train, the article said it was added after principal photography was done and they had to return to New York for filming 3 months before the film opened in theaters. And the theater ghost and Washington Square giant was a late addition, too.

It goes on for a several more pages but the overall article is the best one if I remember correctly. The courtroom was mentioned briefly, nothing about Dana or Winston.