Ghostbusters Base Uniform

Here are a few pics of my base uniform. I’m waiting to get all my gadgets together before posting a final set, but this is where I’m at now.

I’m most proud of the elbow pads. It took a couple (meh) dye jobs, a too dark shade of grey (practically black) paint job and a final stone grey paint job with a touch of Sharpie around the edges and a crash course in sewing to get them right, but here they are in all their glory with my wallet and a $20 bill for size comparison.

And yes, that IS a Bad ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ wallet you see there. Yarr!

Nice uniform man. Great job on the elbow pads too!

:smiley:

Thanks, Rob! So far the pads have taken the most time to get right. Of course, they’ve got nothing on that super sweet proton pack you’re cookin’ up for me. Once I have THAT I’ll actually feel like a Ghostbuster. Until then, I’m just a guy in an off-colored flight suit with some patches, a belt and a rubber hose stuck to it. =) And y’know what? Maybe I haven’t been paying attention, but I realized today after taking these pics that I’ve become quite the fat ass. I need to start workin’ out again. I guess I subconsciously chose my signature quote for a reason!

Don’t feel so bad, the camera always adds 10 pounds! :wink:

Did you sell a Robocop suit on ebay recently? Your dvd shelf looks shockingly similar to the fella that did. Yeah, I stalk and notice things like that.

Dude is it just me or are you hella faded in these pics?

Ha Ha! Caddy, you have a good eye, my friend. That auction is my brother’s. He’s really depressed about having to sell it but he’s getting a Honda CBR1000RR and needs to have the money next week so the guy doesn’t sell it out from under him. It’s a good suit and really makes you look the part of Robocop. Props to you on sniping out that one for sure. I feel like you oughta’ get a prize or somethin’. For sure you have officially won the title of “Internet Ninja”! And yeah, I look faded, don’t I? I took those pics when I woke up the other day. I may have had a few too many drinks the night before methinks. hic.

And I love the fact you are straight back on the beer, reclining on a sun lounger, by the pool

You earned it :crunch:

Nestle Crunch!!?? ALRIGHT!! nom nom nom.

“Suck in the guts, guys. We’re the Ghostbusters.”

:wink:

hay! No can see picture. Me wan’t laugh maybe. Sadness.

(Edit after picture above appears)

Okay. I see picture now. Tis just me again.

where dose the other end of the hose connect to?

The GB dvd on the shelf.

The hose is one of Irricanians’ masterpieces. It’s attached to the back of my belt via the leather belt loop thingy.

And don’t listen to Caddy the Internet Ninja. He is lying as it would be impossible to connect it to the Ghostbusters DVD. The loop is not big enough for that. Ninjas have a long history of selling mistruths in order to hide their true agendas and remain the smartest of those around them. Ninjas can be very deceptive, indeed. But Caddy only does this for fun as it is not his intention to injur any of us. He only toys with our brains for practice. =)

Time to get a new shelf, by the way. I bought a Blu-Ray player last night and will probably only buy those now, unless something’s only on DVD.