Happy New Year from Vigo and Oscar

Needless to say, I delivered it to them by driving the Ecto up to the front of their business with the lights and siren on. I switched to the PA system, “Oscar! It’s Vigo! He’s back. You’re the only one that can stop him. No time to explain! Get in, I’ll tell you on the way.” Wisely, neither Hank nor Will actually got in the car.

“You’re short, your bellybutton sticks out too far, and you’re a terrible burden on your poor mother.”

Badass.

Well played, good sir! The paint came out fantastic! Too bad they were named after hotdogs :frowning:

That’s pretty freaking cool.

The question is does it hold up against Auld Lang Syne? :lol:

which one is oscar

2 Likes

The blonde one.

LMAO! Nice one Vince!

They both played Oscar.

never mind oscar is the adults and vigo is the statue.. i hate getting old

Ha! Funny, good one.

…is this SecrecyGuy? Be honest.

no it’s not.. my name is gary

This story deserves more attention, but the meager narrative offerings might be holding it back?

How did you know they worked at the martial arts academy? Have you had previous contact with them? Was this a spur-of-the-moment thing or did you have this planned since you first bought the model? How long were you there? Was there any background for your relationship with them? Was anyone else there surprised to learn they were in GB2?

Tell us a story.

I know. You know me Kevin, I go minimal on things like that.

As a reference point, some stand-up comic once said that Robert DeNiro played pretty fantastic things down. So much that he felt compelled to do his impression of DeNiro returning from a trip to the moon. It’s always stuck in my head as a viable way to communicate.

Reporter: “Mr. DeNiro! So what was it like traveling to the moon and setting foot on it?”

DeNiro: “…it was nice.”

The thing is, I tell people long stories and they don’t believe it. Back when I was a kid I was dead once for 3 minutes, I left my body and floated around the building until brought back in by a doctor doing chest compressions. I tell people the story and most of them want to argue it, deny it, or try to explain it away as if they know best even though they didn’t live through it like I did. The lesson I learned was pretty much “It happened, no one listens, so ■■■■ everyone and I’m sorry I even tried.” I once took Ernie Hudson around in a car to a special event. You know what got press coverage? MC Chris and you. >:-p …you turd. ( Although yours was still pretty cool. ) Nowadays when things happen, I don’t even waste much time talking about it.

In regards to this thread, I figured I’d post pics of the statue, show it in it’s finished state, show the Oscars holding it, and people would just get what was going on. You know, keep it short, don’t bore people. I hate writing long posts and it all turns out to be for nothing. For the most part people around here know of the existence of the Deutschendorf twins thanks to watching end credits to GB2 enough times.

Q: How did you know they worked at the martial arts academy?

A: Hank and Will actually own the academy. It’s their business. They graduated the same high school I came from, though I had graduated before they were even a load in their dad’s ■■■■■■■. ( Stay classy San Diego. ) Their sister Angela works for the same basic parent company I do and I’ve run into her before. A local magazine did an article on them. I scanned the article about a year ago and sent it to ProtonCharging. You can see it on their FB page here:

http://www.facebook.com/ProtonCharging/posts/129161207247424

Q: Have you had previous contact with them?

A: Once. I stopped in to check out their shop, grab a flyer and talk about what kind of classes they offer. I didn’t really say much about Ghostbusters. What would I have said?

Q: Was this a spur-of-the-moment thing or did you have this planned since you first bought the model?

A: I got this Vigo from Nordone just as he moved away and I just never had the time to build the thing. For that matter, I never had the proper motivation. When I learned that these guys own a karate studio about 4 blocks from where I live, and 1 block from where I hide the Ecto, I knew I had a couple of puzzle pieces that were just meant to fit. I mean, who deserves this statue more than these guys?

Q: How long were you there?

A: Two minutes. Maybe only one. I swung by their shop in advance to assure they were there. I only expected one of them but was surprised to see were both in. I drove to the batcave, hopped in the Ecto, drove it the one block to their shop, turned on the lights and siren, called them out on the PA and then when no one came out, I grabbed the statue and walked in. Hank was on the phone and couldn’t just drop what he was doing because some idiot in an Ectmobile pulled up and demanded attention. Will was in the dojo with two students practicing how to kick the ■■■■■ off of any obsessed GBfan, should one suddenly show up acting like a fanboy. ( A wise move ) I came in, Hank came out to greet me, he and Will posed with the statue, and I thanked them for being good sports. I told them the statue was a custom job that was made by an insanely talented sculptor from Texas and the best damned caster from San Diego. I assured them they would never see one of these in any store or online and that the purpose of giving it to them was as fan appreciation for being Oscar in a well loved series. They thanked me very much for it, mugged for a pic and then we shook hands and I was off. As soon as I’m done moving into my new residence I’ll be able to get back into a workout routine and might come back to join their classes and see if I can learn something that will turn me into a virtual Sho Kosugi. I got back in the Ecto, parked it back in the secret hiding place, drove home, fed the cat and continued playing Epic Mickey 2. My life is nothing if not excitement. I also cleaned out my navel lint. Ten minutes after this happened you would never have known I had ever done that. Years of experience from committing some really, really serious crimes and then learning how to keep cool and just walk away calmly have served me well.

Q: Was there any background for your relationship with them?

A: I don’t think we have any relationship. Come to think of it, I was very hit-n-run about it all. Maybe I didn’t want them to get a name on me to prevent having a restraining order filed on me. …unless you mean, like, a gay thing? There’s still no relationship.

Q: Was anyone else there surprised to learn they were in GB2?

A: I didn’t really want to “out” them on it. The kids in their dojo were too young to remember or even know about the movie and could care less. The adults in the nearby businesses all came out to grab pics. They asked what the occasion was and I just told them they were some old friends of mine and I was delivering them a Happy New Year Gift. ( Kim took her sweet time painting it. You remember Kim? Great artist but deadlines are not her forte. Christmas present = New Years present. )

Q: Tell us a story.

A: You know I’m no good at that.

That post was actually very entertaining to read. Its really awesome you did this!

Any chance these guys will ever hop on the Con circuit? I’d love to have their signature next to Robin’s on my GBII poster!!!

Honestly, it never occurred to me to ask them.

I will.

I’m in the middle of moving right now but when’s all done and returned to normal I’ll swing by and maybe ask if they have any interest.

That is really awesome.