If anyone is looking for heat sinks for their proton gun side, try inside of an older PS2 model number SCPH-30001 these are the heavier orignal models. You may be able to find one on Ebay or at a garage sale. These heat sinks are close to the right size but may need some cutting and modding.
From what I am seeing they are far from close, pretty long in fact… For the time, cost and trouble of getting on of these out you can pick up a generic $3 heat sink if accuracy isn’t a concern or even get a cheap (aka smaller) Socket 7/370 CPU heatsink…
BTW…
Did the original guns use real heat sinks, or were they something fabricated for the look of the gun?
I highly doubt they were fabricated way to complicated of a part to just make on a whim, no reason in hell to make a wavy fin heat sink as you can never see that level of detail on screen… So they probably had a least one real heatsink and they obviously cast resin ones as well as reference photos show them broken all to hell…
I belive the heatsinks in gb-1 were some type of rubber floormat.Im not saying this floormat persay but to give you a general idea of what im talking about.Also look at the last pic thats a casted heatsink not surewho’s just one i had a pic of but those groves and lines look alot like floormating also Ive always thought widshieldwiper rubber refills looked real close too..
That’s the photo of the test cast made of one of the aluminum heat sinks made to my designs. I can tell you they most certainly weren’t rubber floor mats, the originals used on at least one of the hero guns (I suspect all of the hero guns) were aluminum.