Hi folks,
What an awesome place to be. Since 2008 I am one of the quiet readers here and realised I never made a post. Time to catch up.
I build my first pack many years ago (2003 or 2004) mostly from wood and plastic. It was very hard to find all the right parts without a Radio Shack in Germany. Moreover we do not have round cake pans. Don’t ask me why. So what to use for this fu… cyclotron? SMC, Legris, Clippard? Not available in Germany. At least not for an acceptable price (in 2004).
Using Stefans and Norms plans it was not screen accurate but after some lightsaber builds this Proton Pack was definitely my masterpiece. I ended up with a complete costume including the uniform and some Ecto Googles. But I always wanted to update the pack. So I collected many parts over the years. Every cap, switch, lid and tin was stored and I am still looking for the perfect cyclotron and bumper.
Now, years later, the pack is stored in the basement. And some days ago my 5 years old daughter found my Ecto Googles. She was so excited and wanted to know all about it (she is still searching for ghosts). So, I don’t know if this is an English saying, but this really re-ignite the fire!
I am back in business! The pack will be updated and a new one for my daughter will be build. I already have ordered a new suit. The old one seems to be a little bit outdated … and is way too small. ![]()
All the best to you Ghostheads and greetings from Germany!
Christian
