I’m from Germany and have been reading this site for some months. Mostly for the tutorials and pictures of the proton pack building process, because I started making a Ghostbuster cosplay. I just turned 30 but also just started visiting conventions and doing cosplay. Right after finishing a Squall cosplay, I was thinking about what to do next and had so many ideas I couldn’t really decide. The Ghostbusters plan came somewhere out of the blue when I found the no ghost logo patch on ebay. Growing up in the 80s the Real Ghostbusters were part of my childhood and the movies were cool, too. That’s why I decided, to do Ghostbusters, before I do anything else and started building a proton pack(and that’s how I ended up here).
I just started going to cons and don’t have a car. That’s why I’m limited to conventions I can reach within an hour by train. That covers most of the events around Frankfurt(Main) and Wiesbaden like CosDay, Wie.Mai.Kai and other regional events. I’m thinking about visiting Frankfurt Books Fair next month but that’s not carved in stone. I like the smaller events more, anyway! As I don’t know many people, they are better to get in contact than the really big cons.
There are many GB fans here, but most from different locations(some of the are registered here, too). When I was like 8-9 RGB was a famous saturday cartoon here, too. Most ppl my age did watch it as children and now it’s on air again. Even my 2 nephews know who the GB are despite the fact, that it’s from ages before their time. And if the GB theme song is playing on a party, everyone’s singing along.