My Name is Matthias and I’m following this site for a while. I love the Ghostbusters movies because I’m born in the 80ties, so I’m kinda connected with them.
I am a very creative person who likes to make costumes and props. I already did costumes from LotR and Battlestar Galactica. And now I would like to do the same with GB. I already have a suit and all that suit-stuff that belongs to it. Next things to come are a thrower and a pack and maybe a trap or some googles.
Oh I know it by name but was never there. Living near Limburg and don’t come out of this area very often. Are you going to Cosday next weekend? I don’t have a ticket but will go there anyway, because of some friends who are there, too. Don’t know if I go in full equip, civil or something else
@R2Dan: How far did you get with your gear til now?
@Skyknight: Nope… I never heard about Cosday. I’m also not that kinda “Manga/Anime”-Cosplayer. I am doing more the kind of movie-cosplays as I meantioned above. Next Con I’m planing to hit with full gear is FedCon in Duesseldorf.
Too bad, I don’t have much money and no car, that’s why all the movie Cons are out of my reach. I’d really love to show up on some of them.
You would be surprised how many Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Batman, Dr. Who, Torchwood, Lost and many other live shows Cosplayers go to those Anime Cons.
It’s like a melting pool of nerds and Ghostbusters in full gear can not move more than 10m without being asked for a picture(got like over 100 made on last years Animagic and I was there only for 6h, met one of the best Egon/Luke Skywalker Cosplayers there). Also the ppl are really funny.
But I guess if you don’t like Manga/Anime at all it’s just not for you. Not everyone is such a big child like I am, lol!