Help installing Light and Sound Boards

I am making a new pack using the sound board and light kits from here, but I was wondering if anyone out there had advice for how to properly mount the boards to your pack. i am going to make this pack out of plywood, so if anyone has any advice or pictures of how they mounted their kits inside their packs I would really appreciate the input! I’d really like it if you could add pictures, I learn best that way. :smiley:

I made brackets out of sheet aluminum for my electronics:

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/jackdoud/Ghostbusters_GB2 pack build_th_20131023_143238.jpg)![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/jackdoud/Ghostbusters_GB2 pack build_th_20131023_143307.jpg)![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/jackdoud/Ghostbusters_GB2 pack build_th_20131023_143258.jpg)![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/jackdoud/Ghostbusters_GB2 pack build_th_20131023_143329.jpg)![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/jackdoud/Ghostbusters_GB2 pack build_th_20131023_143316.jpg)

Jack, this probably a noob question but what gauge aluminium did you use and we could someone find it? It looks fairly thin so I’m assuming that it relatively easy to work with/bend. I don’t have access to any metal fab tools outside of what is in every guys toolchest in the garage.

1/32, available at any big box hardware store. I only used snips, a drill and some clamps to make the brackets.

Sounds good Jack, thanks. I’m on it like stink on a monkey.

Sorry to hijack this thread with another question; what is the best way to afix the lights inside the wand? I have GBFans kit. I’m just wondering what the best method is for ensuring the LEDs stay inside their designated locations i.e. the hat light or slo-blo light.

I used hot glue. First hot glued a piece of foam to the gun wall, then the board to the foam. If you have a resin thrower, I don’t believe the foam is needed.

I have a plan for attaching the board to the gin wall with velcro. But I was wondering about each individual led in their respective places i.e. How to keep it in the white hat light cover.

More hot glue :wink: that’s all I used

I am going to be building my pack using the plans on here, and not buying a shell. Does anyone know if I should use standoffs like you would a motherboard in a computer tower when attaching the sound and light boards to a plywood backing?

Will the foam act as a non-conductive surface? Is it safe if the foam is touching the board?