Help! Xbox Live question

Quick question, folks!

So I have my copy of the game. Started it up and noticed there’s no local multiplayer or split screen on the 360. No problem. I’ll find a way around it. That’s my issue. I’m not sure as to how to go about setting it up so my girlfriend and I can play from the same room, same location on XBox Live. Will it work if we each get a subscription to XBox live? Can we play off the same internet connection and host a Private match or whatever you call it? I’m not very familiar with XBox Live, as I haven’t really been on it, as the house I live at where I go to law school doesn’t have the internet so it’s never been a real issue and never had such a problem.

So to sum up, is it possible to play the game on two separate XBox Live profiles from the same connection? Please help, as we were really looking forward to busting ghosts together, but it’s been a bummer since I first turned it on. We’re looking for the cheapest, yet most effective way around it so we can be busting heads (in a spiritual sense, of course) ASAP!

as long as you have two 360s, two tvs, and two unique X-Box live accounts, you two can friend each other and play with each other no problem.

Since I haven’t played the game yet, I don’t know if you can set up private matches, but if the option is there, then you’re set to go.

(also, hit me up on a PM if you’d like a 2 day free Gold account code)

Same connection, Yes! Same xbox, No!

As otaku said… You must have 2 xboxes, 2 televisions and an active gamertag on each individual xbox. If you create a gamertag for xbox live you should get a free month of xbox live. (not sure they still do that.. hence the should) If you’re both already signed up on xbox live you shouldn’t have any problems.

The only problem you’ll encounter is that the day of the game’s release xbox live will be down for at least 24 hours. That’s right… xbox live will be down ALL DAY and possibly longer. So playing the GB game on xbox live with anyone will be impossible until they complete their maintenance.

You may be able to directly link the two Xboxes together with just an ethernet cable from one to the other. I did this with the Halo games back in the day. But each Xbox needs its own TV and its own copy of the game. Of course, that would be the case, anyway, with 2 Xboxes, each on Live.

We’ll have to wait and see. So far i’ve been hearing that there is no split-screen or system link multiplayer supported, but that was hearsay. I have yet to hear it from someone who actually has the game in their possession.

Thanks for your help in this matter folks!

Looks like we’ll either be switching off on the controller or spending an awful lot of cash some day soon… Here’s hoping that there’s enough public outcry and if a sequel gets made it includes split-screen/co-op. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m hard-pressed to find another game sans multiplayer that would certainly warrant it!