Hex Allen Bolt sizing help?

Hey,

I used the search function, looking for Hex/Allen bolt as a keyword but can’t come up with an answer…

I need to buy bolts for the HGA but can’t seem to figure out the right size.

I know the entire circular diameter of the socket head should be around 9mm-10mm.

I have four bolts that appear to be the correct size, but hardware stores in the UK don’t carry these bolts, so I can’t just take the ones I have to the store and buy one of matching size.

I ordered from an online specialist, 3 sizes of Hex/Allen bolts, for various areas of the pack, one size to fix the resistors, one size for the ribbon clamp and clasp, and some for the HGA and ION ARM.

It appears I got lucky with two of the sizes.

But the ones intended for the HGA/ION ARM are huge!

I ordered M10 incorrectly assuming the size refers to the diameter of the socket head, also assuming size M10 & Size 10 on Stefans plans were one and the same…

I was wrong…they arrived in the post and they look like something you’d see on Optimus Prime!

Can someone please tell me the correct size, as I can’t get my head around Metric and Imperial sizing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

lol, thats funny. surely screw fix can help ya out, you should have a local store near you.. just talk to a guy who knows wat his doing.

I took the plunge and ordered some more bolts different size this time from an online retailer.

I’m guessing these are the right ones as they’re one size up from a bolt I have thats a tad too small.

I’ll post the results so anyone using the search function will know what size to order in the UK.

well for your sake i hope they are the right size, good luck :cool:

if they are 2 big agian, you could always sell them to optimus lol