I know I’ve been gone for a looooonnnnnngggg time, but hey I’m back now. Part of my dissaperence is working on this new site. The site is still a working progress, but it’s comming along nicely! The forums are need of most work. I’m just glad to be back. Hope to see some vistitors to the site!
Actually, I think the latest line on Norm says he’s back into retirement. Someone here sent him an email and he said he’s become too busy with real paranormal investigations to deal with cranking out proton packs. It’s a shame to hear…again.
Hey, not sure were my thread went, first stuff about Norm, then Bobby Brown? But anywho, I did some research for my site of coarse, so the Prop Shop items are accurect, and the sellers are still selling the item, so all should be good. Uh, one other thing, what do you guys think of the site?
Thanks, I also think the 2nd one is better. I have finished with some updates on the site. To be honest, I’ve been having second thoughts about my site, I think I’ve bitten off more then I can chew. But I’ll keep working on it on and off.
I think the second logo is best. As for you thinking you’ve bitten off more than you can chew, don’t give up just yet. Instead of trying to make a site that covers everything, find a niche and run with it. You might’ve been beaten to the punch on making the best Ghostbusters prop site, but maybe you can make the best site on, say, uniforms. RoboProp is right…if you’re going to have a successful web site, you have to focus on something that nobody else is doing.
I would buy one, but only if the name of the team was Ball Busters.
My suggestion, if you are going to link to parts only link to the correct parts (or very similar alterntives) or at least make note that it’s just a cheap alternative you found…
The heat sink you have linked to is about 1/4 the size it should be, and the ribbon cable is all wrong as well…
Like I said those parts could be used as cheap alternatives, but they are far from accurate…
And last but not least if you want your site to be a long term success get it off of free hosting where you have no control and the site could and most likely will just vanish one day…
May vanish one day! What the hell?! I never knew that!.. Ok the next time I get to updateing my site I’ll fix the prop shop page, and remove the link to the heat sink (I had no idea it was the wrong size!). But thanks for the feed back.
You get what you pay for, it’s a free site and the owners can do what ever they desire with your site at anytime…
There have been a ton of free site hosting companies over the years and most have vanished over time and or toss so many advertisements at views that they became almost useless…
There is a big advantage when purchasing a real domain name and getting real hosting…