Hot Wheels 2016 Ecto-1 & Ecto-2

A listing at M&J Toys has revealed that Hot Wheels will be releasing a two-pack of Ecto-1 and Ecto-2 from the Ghostbusters reboot:

Information on the set itself is pretty limited, there’s currently no price information, but I’d imagine it’ll be comparable to other sets currently available from Mattel. There’s also no release date, but we’d likely expect to see it released around June.

We can now get a better look at the two Hot Wheels vehicles:

The roof rack on the Ecto 1 is removable and reveals a clear top that displays the interior of the car. It’s just like the first hot wheels Ecto 1.

I wish I could find these already!

From both first hand experience and what I’ve heard from others, be sure to keep an eye on the action figure aisle for the hot wheels. I found my Ecto-1 and 2 packs right under Starwars figures and hidden behind another toy. No tag on the shelf, either. Had I not asked a Walmart employee I never would have found them.

Same here, they were near the Star Wars stuff instead of the Hot Wheels aisle…

they were right next to the figures and all the new merch when I found it. Still can not find the ecto 1/1a pack for the life of me and I’m starting to get annoyed. I’ve always have never been able to find any movie special type car in my area whenever they get released.

Still looking for the Classic Ecto 2pk. But they will be out there.

I finally found the 2016 two pack at Walmart. They had 8-10 of them on the pegs! I believe this is the first time I’ve ever found a Hot Wheels GB anything in the wild. Still no luck on the classic line though.

For anyone wanting the 2016 one…you can get them on TRU’s website now: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=84407536&cp=&parentPage=search

I have an extra classic if anyone needs it. Would swap for a 2016.