Hey guys
My N-Filter is pretty lousy. On my next pack, I want to make it as accurate as possible, with those circular inlays too. Can you guys give me some advice on which material I should use and how I can create that circular detail?
Joe
Hey guys
My N-Filter is pretty lousy. On my next pack, I want to make it as accurate as possible, with those circular inlays too. Can you guys give me some advice on which material I should use and how I can create that circular detail?
Joe
i’m pretty interested in this answer too…
there’s a few ideas including the usual Pringles can and also a suggestion for a PVC coupling. I believe Norm’s plans have an idea for doing the white indentations…
some people i’m sure have other ideas. I didn’t look at most of the search results.
-Zack
I went with the PVC and I like the results. Take (2) 2" PVC Schedule 40 straight unions (couplers) and bond them together using a short piece of 2" PVC pipe. Then, drill (8) 1/2" diameter holes evenly spaced (45 degrees). This will give you the N-Filter housing with 8 holes around the top. After final painting of the housing, line the inside,against the back of the holes, with .020 thick White Styrene plastic sheet (check your local hobbt shop). After the white styrene is in place, attach the top of the N-filter, and you’re done. The wall thickness of the PVC is about 3/16", so you get a very well-defined “indentation” with the white plastic sheet against the back of the holes.
Hope this was helpful.
wow- thanks guys
I used the 2" PVC couplers for making mine, turned out awesome. One more tip about using the couplers though, they tend to have a bit of a flare at the edges so when you butt them together and fill the seam you really need to sand them down to make them flush. Just something to keep in mind.
Thanks again, you guys are the best!