How to hook up camera flash bulb to Gbfans kit?

I’m working on the electronics portion of my first pack right now and I was wondering, is there any way to hook up a camera flash bulb to the end of my neutrino wand? I’ve seen some awesome videos on YouTube with different electronics that command a flashbulb to light like in the original movies, and it would be awesome to have this on my pack. I’m using a gbfans light and sound kit and I’m also replacing the clear barrel of my wand to a more accurate one from the gbfans store, so if anyone knows how to command the bulb to flash when I push the fire button it would be awesome, thanks.

Video I had saw on YouTube: https://youtu.be/K38m6nVBMwA

Check out Julz’ build thread, he has a bunch of detail on how he did his

I looked into his threads, and while he shows how to get the bulb into the barrel, I didn’t see anything on how to trigger the lights with electronics, maybe I missed something but I didn’t see anything. :walterpeck:

Who’s electronics are you using? The gbfans kit has an aux output that you can plug an extra led into it, ninjatunes doesn’t though.

I’m using the gbfans soundboard and light kits, but I have no idea how to connect extra leds to it. Is it on the wand kit or soundboard?

It’s on the wand board. Look for screw terminals in the bottom right corner labeled AUX GND and +V GND. It’s typically used for flash effects or a rumble motor, depending on the board switch configuration. Read through the pdf manual for specifics on switch settings.

Ok, I tried it out with a mini dc motor that I had at home and it works, thank you!

CS Props is developing this:

Yeah, there are different ways of going about it. I decided to create a replica flash bulb with an LED embedded discreetly inside. Any other LED option is conspicuously missing the bottom of the bulb and doesn’t look quite right through the clear barrel.

image

image

This is awesome, very well done!

Thank you! The Julz method is of course also good, as the multiple LEDs in his produce the brightest effect (aside from a real one-time use bulb). I wanted mine to err on the side of looking like an untouched vintage part when it’s turned off though.

Like I said on fb, those really are superb! I’d love to get my grubby mitts on one if you do make any extra at some point!