I got one !!!! RINNNNNNGGGGG

I was on e-bag again .. doing research I swear!!! and by mistake I clicked the bid button…

So here is my Faraday fire house bell build/restore thread..

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-01_191040_zps119a51c3.jpg)

its a 1910 Enclosed model #3… Later i will put the screen correct cover on the meck…( i know its a cast bell and not brass)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-01_192105_zpsbc9126d8.jpg)

And here is a screen grab of what Im going for

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_gbbellcopy_zps9beff0c8.jpg)

so ya .. more to fallow …

Sweeeeet! Let the bells ring! lol

hay chad … thanks for posting …

No problem dude! :slight_smile:

Well got it blasted today and got it ringing… all powered by a 9volt…

here is a good shot of inside of the cover …

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-03_125327_zps5078a500.jpg)

and the front cover.. took a lot of blasting to get the old paint off

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-03_125257_zps4f7643f0.jpg)

done for now …

ok more done …

I cut the switch body down and fitted it into the housing of the ( Franklin Brass clothes line model 910 ).

So now the button is a functioning button…The 9volt also fits under the housing nicely…best part it sit flat on the table…

you can hit up my photo bucket and see the WIP pics

here is the under side

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-06_194657_zps8ba93cfc.jpg)

The finished button ..

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-06_194529_zps24816666.jpg)

I think i have the right housing… please give it a look and let me know what you think ,

Looking good so far! I love that button!

Awesome! Make me one!

Alex

ok small up date … paint on the bell frame done and button wired

CLICK ON PIC TO SEE VIDEO

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_th_video-2013-04-08-16-51-26_zpsbe257689.jpg)

ok today i got the gong on it , so here is a short vid testing it all out …

Click on pic to see vid…

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_th_video-2013-04-09-18-41-56_zps1f5b2066.jpg)

I found out the bell it some what tunable … more DC power = More DB’s the bell has and it changes pitch as well …

next up is the outer housing box for the bell to give it the cannon look …

Awesome. :slight_smile:

Nice Find !

Man, that rig looks and sounds great ! Nice job cleaning up the bell.

It makes me want to get back to work on mine ! !

Hi All

well here is the end of the fire house bell adventure…

I sat down last night and cut up some cinex (those thick paper plates) and mocked up the 6x6 box that covers the bell meck..Even went for foe screw heads …10 feet away you cant tell the box if paper and duck tape..lol..

So now when I next get to the fab shop i will make a real metal box … so im calling this one done at this point ..

Again here is the screen shot

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_gbbellcopy_zps9beff0c8.jpg)

and here is my prop

mind you its not the finished metal cover…but the overall look

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-04-24_180137_zpsefd9e961.jpg)

parts list

Faraday Bell Enclose Model #3-------------E Bay

Franklin Brass 910 Retractable 6" Clothes Line Chrome------------E Bay

Square D Red Push Button Class 9001 Type TA (half shield)-------------E Bay

Paint (Performix Brand Plasti Dip) AKA TOOL DIP------------Home Depot

Wire from the lamp in the front room that I didnt like much-----------Front Room

Well let me know what you all think good or bad …

as always you can find my build pics here

Looks good so far! I have watching ebay for a while hoping something close to it would show up, but no luck so far. So I think it’s pretty safe to say they made that bottom part as you did.

Also I think based on my research that the bell was a faraday as that’s the only kind I have found that matches the bell center. One of these days I’ll post a thread on my build. Looking forward to seeing the final metal fab of the bell mech box.

ok well here it is with the finished box

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/GB props_2013-05-14_213307_zps1f8434db.jpg)

The box is 1/8in over sized…

Very cool. You should get a pole next.

I’m serious.

im saving up for a fire house in NJ …

Why not just buy the one closer to you? It was in the movie!

the LA fire house is a landmark and the other house is a working house … so no fire house for me …