will be fixin this puppy up as soon as I get it to my door.
Your shoes are going to shine after fixing that puppy.. Great find, man!
I bid on that too! :angryvigo:
Another Iona doomed to be mangled.
It would be nice to see IONA that would still work as a shoe and PKE meter…that would be pretty sweet at conventions LOL
Congrats Sledge,welcome to the IONA owners club.
It’s just a shoe polisher.
No, it really wouldn’t. There also wouldn’t be enough room for electronics for both.
Cool! I’ve got a couple of red Ionas. Not sure what I’m going to do with them yet…
Shh.
Excellent comedic timing, Teliwhy. ![]()
Seconded.
So true and there are plenty of them to be had, they are not that rare and were made for many years… And truth be told most of the ones that have been used at all have the attachment teeth worn down or off so that they are for the most part useless, same with the rubber, plastic, foam and glue on the attachments rotted to hell in most cases…
I love my Iona - it’s a great machine and still works.
However I didn’t destroy it to make a PKE Meter - I cast a copy of it.
That also means if you screw up you haven’t destroyed the only one you have. Less stressful!
However I know the sentiment of mangling an Iona - this is a (in my case) 40yr old gadget that has stood the test of time. There is a craftmanship to the old thing that is missing in most newer items.
Also - it’s a kick ass show polisher.
So why destroy it if you don’t have to?
i second abritinthebay. why destroy it when you dont have to?
well… its a little late for that lol
you know i never thought they still worked. i usually spend my sundays shining my good shoes. id like to have a working iona, just for retroness cool factor.
making a copy and keeping it original was a really out of the box idea. good job
