Just won an Iona shoe polisher from Ebay

Just found out that I won the auction for an Iona shoe polisher. I got it for 4.25,shipping was 11.50. I saw it on ebay last night and it had no bids so I said what the hell and bid on it before going to bed. I didn’t really expect to win it at all,especially for what I got it for. They usually get snapped up rwal quick from what I’ve read.

My next trick is turning it into a PKE meter. I’ve got a Dremel and cutting blade so that no issue. I had planned on using one of my old cell phones for an actual video display.

I found a “ghost radar” app that I think goes with an Android. It has a green radar screen kind of like on Lost in Space but there are sidebar text about ambient EM fields and possible contacts. Any advice on making the arm sensors move or is there some sort of kit for the mechanics that move them?

I think Hyperdyne makes a kit. Otherwise, you might have to gut a Matty pke.

Unfortunately the reason I got an Iona was because of the outrageous price the Mattys are going for. Still kicking myself for somehow missing out on the PKE and Trap when they first came out. At least I managed to snag a Thrower before they were discontinued. I wonder what the odds are that whoever winds up with the license to do Ghostbusters merchandise will release the original gear,maybe buying the Matty molds or something. Either way I grabbed the Iona cheap and won’t get to it until after the new year since we’ll be moving this month. I may sit on it until I find out what original Ghostbusters merchandise gets released to coincide with July.

There may still be the odd Hyperdyne PKE kit floating around, though without a doubt they’re a bit rarer as few (or nobody) have been inclined to make PKE shells and electronics since the Matty replica came along… although things may change now that the prices are skyrocketing.

Thanks for the lead. I’ll give it a shot and try doing a search on them.

I’m still hoping for a reissue of the Matty PKE with the movie coming out

. Matty may no longer have the license any longer but maybe another company would buy their molds and any remaining stock. Or we may get an entirely new line of the original gear made from scratch by whoever gets the rights.

Either way I’m going to sit on doing anything to the Iona until then.

If a new PKE comes out I’d probably resell the Iona for someone that wants to have a go at customizing it.