I am a very new member to the community and after reading through the forums I have come to the realization that I have made a big mistake in ordering parts for my first proton pack build. Before discovering this site I only knew of one place to get prop parts, eBay. In an over zealous and ignorant newbie fashion I ended up ordering parts from three of the blacklisted dealers: propcrazy, zombie amusement, and the infamous videobob. I had no idea the kinds of things these guys are pulling off we’re happening until after I had already paid for the parts, joined GBfans, and started looking around the wiki. I feel compelled to write a formal apology for this and to let everyone know I mean no disrespect to all the hard workers out there origionally making these parts and that from this point forward I will not order parts from these individuals again. Additionally I will be sure to check with the wiki before ordering from someone outside of this site again. Being that this is my first build I intend to complete the pack solely based on the investment I have put into this already and that I can use it as my “trial and error test platform”, by that I mean if I screw it up royal, oh well, it was a farce to begin with. Again I sincerely apologize to the original makers of the parts and the community for doing business with the aforementioned people. It was an honest mistake that will not be repeated again.
Welcome to the boards Venkman2000! We all make mistakes. Good luck on your build!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
That was a well thought out and respectful post… LYNCH HIM!
You didn’t know better. It happens. Just think of how easy the next build will be with higher quality parts.
But seriously, very well thought out post.
LYNCH HIM!
Sent from my DROID X2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Thanks roopjm. I tell ya, after I read about those clowns my stomach sank into my feet, I feel so bad for supporting those fools and slapping the community in the face by doing so.
Absolutely, that’s why I’m continuing on with this build. I can make a ton of mistakes and learn from it before investing in the good stuff. Thanks.
Damn my man . . Your not the first to make this mistake. At the shear number who have come on here in recent months only to be hit in the face that they made an unknowing mistake. . there should honestly be a blaklisted seller link on the cover page with caution tape around it . . Almost like its the first place your required to go when you sign up .. . But hey . . Stick around there are plenty of guys here that are still willing to help you out and help you through this . .and steer you in the right direction. . Both with the right seller but also with more accurate parts as most of that ■■■■ is half ass on ebay. . Just cause they claim is accurate dosent make it so. . And as far as this being a learnning platform for you if it comes out half way decient you can turn it around and sell it on ebay to the halloweeners. . (people who just want somthing passable and dont care about accuracy. . )Rebound off that and buy yourself the "BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST. ".
SKULLY
Awesome idea, I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks!
Welcome to the boards Venkman2000. I made the same mistake you did, and I understand where you’re coming from, but don’t beat yourself up about it. The problem goes way beyond Ghostbusters. Every prop/fan site has to deal with stuff like this. WhiteArmor.Net (a popular 501st Detachment) even has has a whole sub-forum dedicated to bad ebay product discussions.
Did you buy just the shell from Bob, or one of his big kits?
Unfortunately I shelled out the big bucks for one of his big kits. It looked appealing due to fact I do not have the facilities to do all the fiberglass work and I fell for his damn video. I haven’t gotten it from him yet, so I don’t know the condition it’ll be in. From what I hear they are warped. I just have to wait and see.
If you haven’t received it yet you can file a PayPal dispute and let them know that you recently discovered that the items in question are bootleg.
I would do that immediately if I were you. All is not lost ![]()
File a dispute with ebay/paypal right away. His construction/materials are not the highest quality like he says, and several people have called into question the validity of his claims that the pack is a descendant from an original pack. He has called the shell “an orphan” on his own site. All his claims are bogus.
There is no ‘fiberglass’ work that needs to be done with the shells. Just purchase a gekx hardware kit and then buy matching tapping drill bits from your local hardware store. It’s easy and inexpensive.
File a dispute. Leave negative feedback. Get your money back, and make sure others know you aren’t satisfied with his counterfeit products!
Damn, he shipped it already and from the message I just got from him he spent the damn money already. I now have to wait until I get the thing and see it for myself. Then I can file a dispute through eBay. Ugh! If only I had found out about you guys sooner!!! ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■!
Keep in mind, on ebay, paypal does not release funds into his acocunt until they have confirmed the package has arrived (that’s how my account works anyway). They typically release funds a few days after. So those few days after you receive it are when you need to file your despute.
It doesn’t matter if he “spent the money” he’s selling bootleg items. File your dispute immediately, I’d actually call eBay/PayPal and inform them of the situation.
Damn, he shipped it already and from the message I just got from him he spent the damn money already. I now have to wait until I get the thing and see it for myself. Then I can file a dispute through eBay. Ugh! If only I had found out about you guys sooner!!! ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■!
Whether or not the money was “spent” has no bearing on you filing a paypal dispute. Paypal will reimburse you and it’s between him and paypal whether he’s got the money to cover it.
Trust these guys, they’re giving good advice.
All eBay purchases are covered by a special insurance called Buyer Protection.
File the dispute. Get your money back.
All eBay purchases are covered by a special insurance called Buyer Protection.
File the dispute. Get your money back.
I tried, but they said it was too early and that I have to wait until the product arrived. Once it does I’ll file a claim. Thanks guys!
Yes, in filing a claim you usually have to wait 4 days. As for repercussions, he really has none on you, sellers can’t leave bad feedback. If you bought the big kit, just go over everything with a fine toothed comb, if he says he sent you a military issue frame and you end up with a mill spec/rothco, you have grounds for a claim. Although the ■■■■■■ quality of his products and the bootleg nature of his dealings should be well enough to file a claim. Just remember, even if you do not get you money back, bad feedback is super powerful on eBay. Its scares away customers.