If the video game had been "GB3" and released in 1992...

…Who would you cast as the recruit?

I’ll throw in my .02 cents and suggest Chris Farley. He had just joined the cast of “SNL” two years prior and would explode onto the movie scene several years later. Farley probably would’ve played the recruit as a bumbling and naive but well-intentioned soul who comes through in the end and helps save the original crew’s hides.

I wouldn’t cast anyone, really. I’d write the rookie out of the script. Audiences would want to see the Ghostbusters they already know and love. Not the Ghostbusters +1 new guy “just because.”

But as a game? It worked great.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

I agree with writing him out. But if I had to cast him, to keep with the SNL motif I would probably say Dana Carvey.

I actually really like that idea. Always been a fan of Carvey. Seems like he’d make a good Ghostbuster.

Will Smith. 1992 would have caught him between the second and third seasons of Fresh Prince. Just a few years later and he was fighting aliens anyway.

I was thinking Dana Carvey as well.

carl schnider

Do you mean Rob Schnider of SNL?

Or the character Schnider from “One day at a time”? Because THAT would be great.

image

That’d been awesome seeing Farley save the day

I was pushing hard for John Candy as the rookie in our game.

I don’t think I would have needed another comedian from SNL.

Write him out and just keep the game storyline the way it was and rewrite the parts that required him to save the other GB’s. I don’t really like the Carvey idea because I’m not a fan of the guy whatsoever. To me the guy wasn’t really all that funny after he left SNL and I think some folks give him far more cred for Wayne’s World than he deserves.

1 Like