In Ghostbusters 1 what was the drink that Peter shared with Ray right after getting fired?

I can’t drink safely but am curious what it is.

Apricot flavored brandy. University campus daytime drink of champions / bums. It’s a fine line.

https://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16950&start=30

This just goes to show you how influenced kids can be by what they see.

So as a kid I always thought it was cough syrup they were drinking during this scene because where I live we have this cough medicine called “Buckleys” that came in a glass bottle which looked just like the one from this scene. And my mom use to have to keep it high in the cabinet because she caught my 4 year old ass trying to drink out of it like Venkman & Ray. And if you don’t know anything about Buckleys, here’s their actual tagline “Buckleys; Tastes awful but it works”. Which is true. It tastes AWFUL. And it does work. But kid me didn’t care.

Just like when I drank my dad’s cologne because it looked like the alcohol they drank on the soap operas my mom use to watch during the day. I’ll never forget that taste. Ugh. I was 3? And i still can remember the taste & the burn and my mom calling poison control lol. Yep. I was a handful.

Ok, I definitely wasn’t influenced by that scene to that extent, but because of it, the first bottle of spirits I bought was an apricot brandy. It lived under the head of my bed and I would occasionally take swigs of it. It took me my entire first semester away from home to finish it. I can’t say I share Ray and Peter’s taste in beverages lol.

Me, personally, when I could drink, I liked beer and wine. Captain Morgan Rum, Jack Daniels Whiskey, and Joze Quaro Tacila all tasted awful! In fact that Taquila was the worst of them. Tasted like Cough Syrup mixed with Mineral Oil! Yuck! How anyone can stand the taste of any of those drinks is beyond my comprehention.