Introduction...

Hi Everyone,

Found this site after finally deciding it’s time to"upgrade" my costume and build my own Proton Pack and accessories.

I first made my own costume about 10 years ago and have just used a backpack with a vacuum cleaner hose attached to a toy gun

I live on the Isle of Wight in England which so far seems to be a bit of an issue with getting parts but i will persevere.

I’m building on a budget so i’m using norm’s plans but also using Stefans for measurements.

I’ve started with the N-Filter as this seemed like a rather easy place to start. will try n keep you all updated with pics and hopefully any tips.

Wish everyone else building parts lots of luck and i’m happy to receive any advice or criticism lol.

Martin

Welcome! I did our packs using Norm’s places (As well as other’s plans later on to improve them.)

IMHO, its best to start with the main base parts, because you might need to change the smaller parts depending on how accurate/inaccurate your build goes.

(I redid our n-filters 3 times I think over the course of 2 years.)

Our own nickatron ia from the UK and makes some of the best stuff running. Take your time to stretch your dime :slight_smile:

Thanks for your welcome guys,

I’ve just been looking at Nickatrons website thanks Hoot, looks like he’ll be getting a nice slice of my next wage. thanks for the tip Gareee I only started with the N-Filter as I had a “spare” pringles tin. I’ve only drilled the holes in for the indentations, I’ve not actually “shaped” it yet as not sure of what to use for my cyclotron.

I’m a skilled composites laminator so my first build is going to be a cheap build using as many “household” items to get the feel of things i’m hoping that if all goes well I can build a second fibreglass pack with all the trimmings :slight_smile:

PS just bookmarked Nickatrons website

Welcome!

Welcome to the boards. Good luck with your build.

Thank you for your warm welcomes and well wishes!

Good to see another fellow Brit sign up. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the workshop! Pass the wrench.

Welcome to the boards Gingerbarf! Post pics of your upgrades!!

Welcome Martin!

Welcome.

If you’re looking to use “household” items you could take one of those dishes you put under flower pots as a cyclotron. Mine was a 27cm in diameter one. 26cm would have been better but the next smaller one was 24cm and that would have been too small.