Issue with Hasbro Neutrona Wand "Activate" switcher Shutting Down

Hi everyone,

First of all, Merry Christmas! I’m Aleks from Spain. I’ve just bought my first Hasbro Proton Pack and Neutrona Wand, and I’m super happy with it. However, I’ve encountered a problem with the Neutrona Wand. When I switch the “activate” switcher, the wand just shuts down. Occasionally it works properly, but about 90% of the time, it just turns off the wand. I read on Reddit that some people have experienced the same problem, but I haven’t found any solution. Has anyone here heard about this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Hi Aleks, Happy Christmas to you too!

Most common cause is simply bad batteries; try the wand standalone (IE, with it’s own 3xAA battery holder) - is it the same?

The pack actually outputs 4.4v to the wand (even with a solid 5v supply*, vs (theoretically) 4.5v with the 3xAA (although as much as 4.8v in my testing) and bad D cells in the pack can drop sufficiently when under load (IE, Activate) for the wand to power off. Generally you’ll want to avoid rechargeable batteries.

(* tested with 12v Talentcell → 5v buck converter).

There have also been reports of poor connections between the hose and pack, so always worth double checking the pins/contacts are OK. I’ve read various ‘fixes’ for poor connections, but in my experience it usually comes back to the batteries.

Thanks for the reply, it’s kind of weird as the batteries are new but I will try to buy a better ones and see what happen there!