Jewelry Store..

What is the deal with the whole jewelry store scene? I did not see a ghost or anything cept floating pieces, and then them falling and breaking.

They were invisible! :smiley: At least that’s what I always assumed. The guys set up the tripod traps and trapped the ghosts. They neglected to think about all the crystal that would fall to the floor though :blush: At least thats what I always thought happened.

Bottom line, it was a way to have another “ghost scene” in the montage with little special effects and no ghosts had to be created. Cheap and easy.

Ghosts possessing jewelry…hmm…the scene just somehow didn’t fit in the movie. Maybe that’s my view on it.

They were poltergeist. The ghosts that make things move, or float by themselves.

JC

They say in wickypedia that one dialogue was deleted where Peter Venkman turned to the manager and sayd “would it be check or cash”???

That would have been a great punch line!

SAl

Here’s the part in the script, maybe it will help someone understand it better. I always just thought it was a poltergiest.

"EXT. JEWELRY STORE - DAY

The Ghostbusters come out carrying smoking traps, wearing cheap

dime-store Santa Claus hats.

					STANTZ

			 (to the client)

		Merry Christmas!

											 CUT TO:

EXT. FIFTH AVENUE - ORREFORS GLASS STORE - DAY

The Ectomobile is parked at the curb and a curious crowd looks on as the Ghostbusters enter the store.

INT. ORREFORS GLASS STORE - CONTINUOUS ACTION

All the precious crystal is floating in the air, several feet above the

glass shelves and display tables. Stantz and Venkman are talking to the manager while Winston and Spengler set up an array of electronic devices positioned in each corner of the store.

On a signal from Stantz, Spengler and Winston switch on the devices which throw laser-type beams around the perimeter of the store. The manager watches in horror as all the GLASSWARE suddenly drops out of the air, SMASHES through the GLASS SHELVES and SHATTERS on the display tables. There is a long pregnant pause.

					STANTZ

			 (to the manager)

		So will that be cash or a check?

											 CUT TO:

INT. MUSEUM - RESTORATION STUDIO - DAY (LATE AFTERNOON)

Everyone else has gone home. Dana is cleaning her brushes and putting her supplies away."

OH! so it was Stants not Venkman

I know right, it sounds like something Venkman would say. When I looked it up in the screenplay I was a little surprised. Also I was surprised that it didnt shed any light on the question at hand either. It just sounds like to me they were planning on just making it a general ghost.