Last weekend we visited the city of Lille, France and there was this guy wearing a very cool Ghostbusters baseball cap.
It was made from a khaki fabric (like the GB flightsuits) and had an embroided Ghostbusters logo on the back. On the front it had the classic red on black ‘VENKMAN’ name patch.
I’m not sure but it seemed to me that the ‘VENKMAN’ name patch was attached with Velcro. (Which could mean the cap came with interchangable namepatches of the other Ghostbusters.)
Oh- and it was an oldschool baseball cap too… Not one of those modern ones with a flat, more rounded flap and that metallic sticker that apparently isn’t supposed to be taken off…
Does anyone know what GB cap I’m talking about? I’d like to know who manufactured them and where to get my hands on one.
It sounds like a custom hat. I have a blank khaki flex fit hat I wear with my khaki suit. If you go to Lidz or other hat places they will do custom embroidery to the blank hats.
Custom you say… Well, that could explain why I wasn’t able to find the cap online
Honestly, it never occured to me the cap could’ve been custom made… The GB logo patch on the back was around an inch and a half wide so it didn’t look like patch you find online.
Of course, like you said, it could’ve been a custom embroidery. They did an amazing job though.
I made a custom hat as well. Just found a tactical style hat, bought some “infant” patches from katarra8 on Ebay, and sewed the no ghost on the front and the name on the back.
I also put the memorial pin from the shop on the hat ^^
Well I was in the same boat as the other posters thinking this is a custom job but it reminded me of something I came across this weekend while looking for a Ghostbusters hat myself.
It’s from an ebay auction, I don’t think I’m allowed to post the link so I won’t, but you can find it by searching “ghostbusters snapback”. The item is located in Germany so since you saw the hat in France I’m assuming it may be something available oversees and you can clearly see additional patches attached to the hat.
Looks like the auction has 4 choices of hat, none of which I’ve ever seen before so may not be available in US.