Lego Ghostbusters the videogame

With all this talk of Ghostbusters and video games I can’t help but picture a lego one.Think about it if you have ever played a lego game you know how it works,for those who don’t here it is in a nutshell.You have a main base with and you use Janine’s desk to buy figures and extras on,from there you go to levels in which you defeat enemies,destroy everything and collect money and mini-kit pieces to build tiny lego models of ghosts to display in the containment unit at the base.There are a few driving levels and boss fights thrown in to the mix as well.Lego figures can’t talk,so they mumble,point and use visual-aid.Ghostbusters has all of these quality’s and would fit the lego formula well, for example,

Base=Firehouse

Enemies=Ghosts

Computer in base=Janine’s desk or the containment unit

Mumbling and being funny/mad=Walter peck throwing a little fit Peter complaining about slime and/or slimer

etc.etc.

You may ask “but wait there are only 2 movies!” Fear not! I thought of that as well you could merge RGB the way lego batman combined all batman versions, Or there is the chance of a 3rd movie and a new movie might be what gets this made.They didn’t do a Lego Indy game until the new movie came out and it didn’t even have Indy 4 in it!Look at the other licenses lego has had Prince of persia, toy story,(both coming 2010) Spider-man, Hell even jurassic park and spongebob have sets!New sets would be cool to.Let me know what you think and any ideas you have.Thanks for reading!

yes they are making prince of persia lego sets(based on the disney movie coming 2010) and toy story sets (of all three movies yes three toy story three coming 2010 as well)

I’ve thought this as well. It would make the perfect Lego game, but they would have to to a Universe type game with RGB, EGB, and the movies.

I like EGB that would rock!

huy guys i work for the company that makes the lego games, it would be great to be able to develope such a game but it would depend on lego to make ghostbuster franchise 1st.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

AAAHHH HAHAHAHA!!!

OH MY SIDES. HAHAHAH!!!

As the person who makes the lego games has suggested (not that i believe them at all), lego needs to make gb toys first. doubt they will since kubrik (or how ever it is spelled) has the rights.

wtf man!

fine dont believe me, somone has to work there. and yes they would have to bring out lego toys 1st. (which is doubtful)

Please understand, after being around as long as it has, the community’s had a lot of people make claims they later couldn’t back up, Ghostbusters 3 rumors that never came to pass and advertised merchandise that never gets produced.

We’re skeptical by default… so when someone posts saying they “work for the company that makes the Lego games” people tend to be cautious. I admit I do find it a odd grammatical choice to go with “company that makes the Lego games” rather than “Traveller’s Tales” in your first post, but that’s me. :slight_smile:

I believe you.. but I have an unfair advantage.

oh no! do you knows him?

And I used to kill people for a living…or I could say that I used to be in the Army (which I was, MI ARNG, anyway). I think it’s all in the phrasing. If you do work for that company, as it seems to be you do (based on what AJ has said), then there will be people who would jump to certain conclusions. You could be in accounts receivable for all we know, but some might think you’re claiming to actually help design the games…which you might, but still.

fine if you dont believe me, i know where i work. and the reason i put the company that makes lego games is that i thought people would not of heard of TT Games.

No, he can see all the profile information you guys can’t - so, if AJ says he believes him…

And his point stands - Lego and Sony (makers of their own GB video game) would have to come to some sort of arrangement, which is a bit of a long shot.

Acting all sore about it is not going to help convince people of your case, Richard. Meet the criticism and skeptics with well managed responses and no hurt feelings.

I’ve never really liked the lego games. Why play something like Lego Ghostbusters with inferior graphics when you can play GBTVG on the 360 or PS3?

“Inferior graphics”?

The Lego games are stylised, not “inferior”.

The Lego games I’ve played (Star Wars) have been extremely fun!

Having played Batman, Indiana Jones and Star Wars (in that order) I completely agree.

I have all of the lego games, they rock

What about the Wii version? would we also classify the Wii version as inferior because it cannot match the graphical power of the the 360 or PS3?

Ben is right, the games are stylised…and addicting at time