How’s it going again guys? So as it stands I have come leaps and bounds with making purchases and construction regarding my pack. I am having trouble finding a good pic hosting site as to post but I do intend to post stuff in the future.
My questions… Are regarding sound and light kits. Such as compatibility for starters. I am from southern Ontario and have heard good things from Jupiter electronics. Assuming I was too order his wand and pack kits who and where would I be looking to get sound? That being said I have looked through numerous threads and have too be honest with my extreme lack of knowledge in the realm of the build.
I understand I am going to need to purchase an amplifier, speakers, and so on… Does anybody have any information on how I can look to move ahead with this aspect?
Also the infamous lil red button beside the orange hat light… What is that called and where would I go about purchasing one?
Just we’ll I have some peoples attention I would like to say thank you for all your past help and information. I’m sure these questions can be very redundant at times. Also, huge shout out to dl4567 who made me a bangin shell would recommend him to anybody. The KCGhostbusters for the premo bumper. Of course the amazing Mr. Multimediamayhem who does great work and always helps with my questions.
Thanx guys
goodale.jason
P.s. Winston and the Ecto1 are coming to comic con in Niagara Falls… I’m so jacked and so going! Anybody else?
Imageshack is one I regularly use for hosting images online.
I have Jupiter’s Proton Gun and Pack lights, which I’m very happy with. The only things I need to mention about Jupiter’s lights for the Particle Thrower is that if you do go for them, make sure to specify for the static vent light… and enquire about adding the extra light to the kit so to make it a bit more accurate.
As for the sound I believe I went with one of Crix’s kits, alternately GBFans does have a sound kit that’s currently in stock: Link
*It should be noted however, that to activate certain lights and sounds at the same time, you’ll need to upgrade any SPST (Single Pull Single Throw) switches on the light kit into DPDT (Double Pull Double Throw) switches.
As for the red button (there isn’t a fancy name for it), you should be able to find a red-capped push button at most decent electronics stockists.
Regarding speakers and amps, all I can suggest is look into a few Pack builds which have sound and drop the builder a line to find out how their experiences with the audio equipment have gone… unfortunately there isn’t one amp or speaker type that’s preferred over all the others.
Personally, I’d recommend the GBFans soundboard. I’m not sure however on what the stock level is for that board and when/if they’ll be restocked again.
With a GBFans booard, you also don’t need an Amp as the board has one built in.
Yea I would like to find something where my primary concern is just installing into the pack/wand. I wouldnt wanna start messing around with switches and such… the stuff here on gbfans looks fantastic though. I may wait and look to get the stuff from here.
I myself have been on the same hunt for quite some time and after lots of research, I have decided on the GBFans sound board and jupiter electronics light kits.
The gbfans sound board is excellent, has lots of options, is easy to wire up and requires no amplifier. The jupiter electronics wand light kits is easily the most accurate and one of the most popular. Also easy to wire up. If the GBFans pack lights were in stock sooner I would have purchased those, but I will be ordering those from jupiter as well since they are more readily available. If you feel like waiting 3-4 months for a re-stock I would hold out.
Also, remember that if you do get the jupiter wand kit, email Christian first and ask him about adding another led to make sure you can get all gun lights lit up. I have already done so and he is excellent with his customer service.
As for the red button and orange hat on the gun ear, my plan is to just pick up a red dpdt and wire it in a loop with the vent sound and vent light in the pack, so that it works as the vent actuator, and the orange hat light with light up as the pack vents.
thanx again for the input. twinkie… where did you get the numbers or eta on the gbfan stuff? because if its 4 months thats awesome enough time to order em and get em installed before comic con. thats my dead line now. but yea have heard good things about jupiter.
and hoot im going all 3 days man - my buddy wants to fight the crowd for shatner so thats sunday gone! lol! plus ive got some nice gb ink on my arm im looking to add ernie hudsons signature to my sleeve… so im jacked about that and hope it all turns out!
Depends on if my wife lets me stay longer. Its my week off from the office and im hooking up with a few buddies that are GB fans also and dragging my brother down (old school comic geek).