I think we see the trap… ghost grenades… pistols… interesting.
I like the pke and the ghost grenades.
I like the overall “cobbled together out of existing things we bought at home depot” feel.
The PKE Meter being a modified digital camera is a kinda clever nod to real ghost hunters. At first glance I thought the wood chipper was a slime blower type thing but seeing as how all the equipment that we know of seems to be on display its more than likely the reboot’s trap. I hope the grenades are more bug bomb than actual grenades. Without context into the film the two pistols (primarily the all black one) seems out of place.
I’m really confused. I’m almost done with my pack based on Kingpin’s post with the “Olympia” pack, but it seems like there are many different versions of the packs and wands. I’m guessing the “messy” ones are the prototypes, then when they get some money they become the “hero” packs (like at the children’s hospital pics). The “grenades” have a 5 on the counter. Is that 5 uses? Setting 5? I want to see the movie just to find out what the tech is and what it does.
5 second fuse?
I’m wondering if this is only a small cross-section of the total sum of the gear? If that’s a prototype pack and a prototype trap that we’ll see other iterations of throughout the film?
Nice, thanks for the link. I’m really enjoying seeing the new gear. I prefer the other packs that have surfaced, but perhaps this one is a prototype they experiment with first in the movie, would be neat to see them evolve their own equipment during it. I agree, I’m not sure what’s up with the pistols, they seem out of place.
Gotta be. The coveralls start without logo patches, the car begins without the red and blue lightbar on the rear, the possible prototype pack and wands seen at the children’s hospital… they must be continually refining the gear throughout the film. Maybe that woodchipper-looking device is a proto-trap?
All of which begs the question – if these are the props we’re allowed to see, and they’ll continue to evolve throughout the picture, have we actually seen the equipment they’ll be using by the end of the movie?
I get the idea of the equipment evolving, but I don’t see them having more than two fully-fleshed out packs in the movie. And the one McKinnon is wearing in her character poster would logically be the more refined version.
Anyone else get a Slime Blower vibe from the “prototype” pack due to the canister and the thick barrel? Not saying that it is. The connector cable leaves no room for slimeportation. Just saying it gives me a slimey vibe.
SLIMEPORTATION [slīm-per-tey-shuh n]
Noun
- The act of slime moving or being moved from one point to another.
There is a ton of gear and weapons in this movie, and what has been revealed is only the tip of the iceberg…
And… I can say two things from what I do know, though…
(1) That is NOT the trap (or a proto-trap)
(2) There is more than one version of the Proton Pack used throughout the movie, not just a proto and a final…
Now, for those who keep saying the reboot is a rehash of the original movie from start to finish, and continue to berate those who believe it’s not (because, somehow, they have time travelled into the future and have seen the movie already) - these photos are proving you wrong…
Without going into too much detail, can you at least confirm or deny that they DO use traps? >_>
There is a dedicated trap, yes… I haven’t seen it myself, but I do know some who have seen it…
It may also look like a lot of different packs because maybe all the packs are built different to give them a more ‘home made’ feel.
AWESOME! I’m really hoping this movie is a huge success and we get a new video game. This stuff would be a blast in a new GB game!
While I’m not too keen on the handheld pistols, the “prototype” pack and PKE Meter look great. I actually think that the “final” version of the neutrona wand would look really nice with the prototype pack.
As for the new item that’s not the trap, it looks like it has some lights in its bellows; perhaps it’s some sort of heavy-duty Giga Meter..
You seem to know a fair amount of secrecy… Can you elaborate a little bit on how you know these things?
Without naming names, do you know someone involved with the production/post-production? Do you know an actor/crew member? Do you know someone who knows someone in one of these groups?
Forgive me if it’s been mentioned, and it’s obviously completely fine if you don’t feel comfortable saying how you know. I’m just curious.
I know a couple of people behind the scenes (on-site during filming), but unfortunately, I don’t know anybody in the post-production process, which is why I can’t say for sure if that prop ALSO functions as a trap, because that’s up to the special effects team…
A pistol huh?
I wish these movies were made out of an intrinsic belief to make the writers dream come true, as opposed to satisfying the hypothetical majority of the audience who are the 11 year old Call of Duty Modern Warfare crew.
I guess that depends on what you think the function is; is the pistol a sidearm or a lighter gun because the user is lugging some other large piece of equipment.