Louis/Vince Clortho is the next 6" figure not SB Winson

Toyguru just announced that the next figure is going to be Louis, Im not sure why it is taking Mattel so much time to put shoulder pads and a harness on Slime Blower Wiston but he apparently got bumped back again.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2131094575/m/5231047476

Winston can’t get no love. Well, they needed to resize the blower itself too, it was way to small which would lead to some simple alterations for the inner packing, if they’d gotten that far. But at least we’re getting an all new figure. Really looking forward to this one.

I’m happy as long as Winston and his Slime Blower are more movie accurate. Been wanting this figure for sometime!!

Totally agree with that!!!

Plus a louis figure will be a welcomed addition to my collection :slight_smile:

Well, its even possible that Winston is going to the end of the year.

“Stay tuned for NYTF for the next two figures after that.”

I mean that leaves open the possibility for Winston to be one of those two, but there’s something about the wording that makes me think he’s not.

I agree while I really hope that the corrected Slime Blower Winston figure is one of the two that will be revealed next, something about the way that is worded makes me think that it’ll be something else. I’d love for them to shock us all and announce a Janine Ghostbusters 2; but it’ll probably one of the other guys in their Courtroom or Lab Coat outfits.

This Winston is one of the last figures I need to complete my Ghostbusters collection.

So does that mean that Louis has been bumped up to March now? Otherwise we wont see a new figure release until May when he was originally slated for

My guess is that either A) Louis has been bumped up to March or B) Mattel will bump up either a Courtroom or Lab Coat outfit variant on the original 3 that haven’t gotten released in either particular outfit yet.

They’ve got to tool it just right cuz they’ve got to reuse the same mold three more times. Right? Slimeblower Ray in tan, then again in dark gray, and Winston in dark gray…oh, four times if they go with pink slimed ray in tan

cheap bastards :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL… I somehow doubt they’ll release SB Winston and SB Ray in gray.

More updates and not just about SB Winston and Louis.

Louis is March, another figure will be May and SB Winston is July,

I can’t see the image! :frowning:

Its not a pic it should be a link. He is the text and the link.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9651064575/m/5231099476/p/1

Hey Ghost fans,

I know everyone has been itching from some news for the line. Obviously we are gearing up for NYTF where we will update collectors on all of our Matty.com toy lines, but to help get some needed info out there, here is the latest scoop.

1: The next figure will be Vinz Clortho in March. Also in March will be the Club Ecto Marshmallow Mess Ray which ships only to Club Members and was covered by the cost of membership!

2: After Vinz will be a new figure in May that will include a new pack in Ghost.

3: Winston with slime blower will be out in July.

4: We also have 2 GB2 12" 2-packs coming out this year (that was a lot of 2s!). The first will be Winston and Peter in April. Both packs will come with a TON of 12" accessories including protonstreams!

5: The PKE meter did great. We are looking into other prop replicas down the road. No plans right now for a re-release but it might happen in time (such as in a movie year).

6: The Retro Action RGB figures should be hitting Toys R Us and "emerging channel accounts (i.e. online retailers) soon. They will not be available here at this time.

Okay, so that is the catch up on releases. To hit a few points fans have brought up and are concerned about:

A: The line is doing great! We have a total of 7 figures coming out this year including 4 variants of the GB boys and 2 new characters (one is Vinz!). Plus a really amazing SDCC item to reveal in April-ish.

B: We do hear all the requests. More Ghosts, more equipment, more proton streams, removable packs, more characters and so on.

There is a lot planned. We do need to spread out key releases and key refreshes to keep the line going strong. We’ve already front loaded the line with the iconic movie 1 versions of each character. With a little time, we’d like to get to most if not all of these requests.

C: There are more re-releases of older figures planned. We won’t offer re-releases every month, but much as we did for Cyber Monday last year, you can expect the main guys to be up for sale again.

D: We know there is a lot of demand of Real GB 6" scale figures. The catch with that is based on the baseline sale of the 6" movie style line, the demand just isn’t there (well the vocal online demand is, the sales number are not). GB Classics sells well, but at this time not at the numbers that would justify a 6" RGB expansion which requires A LOT of new tooling.

We know fans want RG. Personally, I do to. But in the end, it is pretty accepted that the movie style is overall more popular (meaning not just the ■■■■■■■■ fans, the casual fans need to purchase too to keep the line going and for the casual fan the movie is more popular). And if the movie style is not doing the numbers we need to see for an expansion, expanding into a more tooling intensive (and overall less popular) style is not a wise business model. (I am not saying Animated is not popular, just that it is not AS popular as movie style).

Personally I really want RGB toys, especially for the vintage nods we could do. It might be something we can get to in time. Right now we are doing 1-2 newly 100% tool’d figures a year (like Vinz Clortho) and 4 partially tool’d figures in movie style. All of the RGB figs require almost 100% new tools and we just don’t have the resources right now for this (based on sales).

So to wrap up, do keep those suggestions going! We want to deliver product GB fans are going to love and we need your feedback to do that. I will continue to be most available on the “Ask Matty” section of this board. If you feel like GB info is not getting out there, just post a question here and I will try to answer. That is the best way to get direct info answered (but it is not a forum for asking about unreleased figs etc.. do check out the “tips” post before posting!)

See you in New York for Toy Fair! (I love this town!)

Scott


Also from later on in the thread:

Toyguru:

We actually looked into doing a Larry King figure in the line but we don’t have the rights. We also don’t have the rights to Louis from movie 2 (just as an FYI and to manage expectations - yes we’d love a GB outfit Tully too, but it is not in the rights we have).

I hope that the unknown figure is either Vigo or Ray with alime Blower. I am really enjoying the Ghostbusters II figures that Mattel has made so far.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the figure released between Louis and Winston will probably be a lab coat figure since they just released a courtroom variant. I’m guessing lab coat Venkman but they possibly could make a courtroom Egon fairly easily since they could use the Movie Masters Joker body for a template. I’m surprised that there’s not any info on it yet.

They haven’t been sharing bodies between lines. None of the GB figures have used Dark Knight bodies.

I’m pretty sure they won’t announce anything until the New York Toy Fair. THEN we’ll hopefully get to see lots of new goodies.

I think I see someone talking about Harvey Dent, and Joker rehashed parts being used for the GBC line, like every day.

I hope this is true, because I can’t for the life of me get a Jumpsuit Ray! One just went for over $100 bucks on ebay, c’mon I can’t afford that!

And staying on topic, Louis is awesome sign me up for one of him matty!

So of the 6 figures, 2 are all new characters and 4 are variants. It’s likely that of those 4, there will be one each of the Ghostbusters.

There’s already been Courtroom Peter, and we know Slimebower Winston. So there’ll be some kind of Ray and some kind of Egon, I bet.

Probably Lab Coat Egon and Courtroom Ray with the other Scoleri, or something. Or maybe a new type of Ray, like the sewer gear from GB2?

And Louis is one of the new ones. I hope the other is Vigo, but maybe Dana or Janine.

Is the 7th figure the Marshmallow Ray, or something else? It sounds like SDCC “item” might not be a figure. Especially if Marshmallow Ray counts as the 7th.