I think it’s more the real cable makes it look better plus doesn’t have the possibility of breaking like the plastic one. The plastic is fairly thick, but I wouldn’t trust hanging the pedal from it if it would get bumped or something.
Just did this to my pedal. Fantastic! Thanks!
oh hell, i just realized i threw out a crapton of grey ribbon cable. Oops.
Well Instead of creating a whole new post I decided to just add to this one.
Thank you Rockman for the tut. Its amazing how simple it is.
I havnt added the ties yet so forgive me.
The trap looks a 100% better. ![]()
Simple and effective. Thanks for posting this!
I really need to grab some cable and do this mod…the results looks so good. I’m thinking I’ll glue the end of the cable, though? I worry that it’ll unroll/pull loose, even if the pedal is super light…
I glued mine My Matty Trap Mod! - Ghost Traps - GBFans.com
same here, glued and rolled up. holds great, wore it all day on a fob by the ribbin cable and it held.
This is excellent. Bookmarking to do to my Matty trap soon.
Quick question Rock Man,
So when you used the exacto to cut the ribbon down, it was at 26 pins correct? I was wondering did you have trouble getting the ribbon to fit into the groove? when I used a 26 pin ribbon it stuck out the bottom and I could not get the bottom plate back on. Any help would be grateful! Thanks!!!
He made the cut between 16-17. The matty trap can only fit a ribbon cable around 16..
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
The Matty trap is based on a GB2 trap, which has a 20-pin ribbon cable. A 20-pin ribbon cable fit just fine on mine!
Looks great! Definately worth trying!
Sent from Teletraan-1
Just did this the other day. Came out awesome. So simple too.
Thanks for the response guys, i will try again with a 20 pin cable and repost my results.
I just kept peeling wires off the 26 until it fit nicey nice.
Sorry I didn’t see this until now. I just counted the wires on the molded piece and matched it to the actual cable. But in the end, do what you feel is right. ![]()
I am SO gonna do this. Thanks for posting a great tutorial… now where did I put that ribbon cable I found that time?
Alex
I did it with mine, huge improvement! ![]()
Sent from Teletraan 1
Yep, I did this yesterday within minutes of finding the ribbon cable that I had scavenged a while back. Only took about ten minutes, tops, and looks a lot better. Thanks so much for this tutorial!
Alex

