Matty Ghost Trap Ribbon Cable Mod (Pics)

Bump for new eyes. I did this mod to mine too and I forgot to talk about. Its super easy to do. The only extra thing I added to it was adding a dab of hot glue before the final turn of the cable just to ensure it definitely did not want to unravel. Test fit before though!

This is a fantastic tutorial!

None of my screwdrivers seem to fit the lower left screw (the really deep one)… looks like I’m hitting up the store tomorrow… Contemplating on using one of the ■■■■ ton of red zip ties I have at home instead of using the screen accurate white, because (1) I already have them, and (2) it’ll add a personal accent/touch to it… We will see once I get the right screwdriver…

No eye glasses screw drivers?

They don’t reach deep enough… I have all kinds of jeweler’s screwdrivers, but none of them are long enough… It can reach the one on the lower right, but not the deeper one on the left (as pictured in the original post)…

Bummer. I just have a cheap set of “precision” screw drivers from radio shack (when they still existed here) and it worked.

Nevermind, found one… and done!

Me thinks the red looks nice!

Thanks for the mod. I ordered some ribbon to replace the plastic one.

Just did this to my Matty trap… Looks so much better and hangs better when on your belt

I’m gonna do this to the Matty trap. Does anyone know if the gray boxes either side of the ribbon cable can be replaced too and if so what real world item they are?

Like in this Matty pedal mod?

Everything is here for those parts.

I never knew we could buy parts on this site! Awesome, I’m ordering them now.