Metal throwers.

I’ve seen some messages on the board where people talk about building metal throwers for the proton packs. I was wondering how you would do that. Do they sell kits where you build the metal throwers? If you were to build one completely from scratch I suppose you could do it with a 3D printer but those 3D printers that print in metal from what I’ve heard are super expensive, as in at least five figures.

There are a few sellers here that make aluminum throwers. I have purchased two from FreekyGeeky (umoribawar) and I can’t say enough about them!

I would assume aluminum would be awesome compared to…what…plastic?

I fabricated mine from aluminum sheet metal. Here are the templates I used:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4dqyrnqop0kxst/Proton%20Gun%2C%20Body%2C%20SM%20Parts.PDF?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdr0o6w5wdlun4u/Proton%20Gun%2C%20Body%2C%20SM%20Top.PDF?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ihcrse3grtmgee/Wand%20Parts.PDF?dl=0

  1. Trace templates onto sheet metal (I used 1/16" for the body).

  2. Cut out parts (I used a jig saw with metal cutting blade for most cutting, but I also had a angle grinder and dremel)

  3. Drill holes (center punch the holes, then use a hand drill or drill press. Most drill bits should be able to handle aluminum.)

  4. Bend parts (The tricky part. You can find tutorials online. I basically clamped the piece between two piece of wood, then hammered it into shape)

  5. Solder parts together (I used Forney 46111 “easy-flo” aluminum brazing rods and a mapp gas torch. I watched youtube videos to learn proper technique)

Here is my build:

http://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37607

I’m not sure how much metal working experience you have, but if you have any questions or need any tips or recomendations, feel free to ask me.