Awhile back, when I first joined; I tried to start up a local franchise in My Hometown and lets just say, that if failed.
Horribly.
I am now re-booting the franchise, with the help of my new sponsor; A bar located in the heart of downtown Kissimmee, The bar owner is a long time fan of The Ghostbusters and was really happy when I showed up for Cinco De Mayo in my uniform; and it got me some free beers. We are now officially “business partners” and will planing some events leading up to Halloween.
I hope to find more people who are interested in helping out in my town; I don’t care if they put together uniforms, because it’ll be for fun, and I will make sure to let anyone interested know that it’s not for profit. As that has been the major discussion thus far, here on the site.
I won’t be doing much with this group, things are getting pretty hectic with school and I’ll be starting my internship this summer at one of the Hospitals of Orlando(not sure which one yet) and like I said, this will be just for fun and to bring people, fans or not alike, together in the historic downtown area.
If you know anyone in Kissimmee, let them know about me and The Kissimmee Ghostbusters.
Myself along with the bar owner of the bar in downtown kissimmee, are now the founders of the group. We will be recruiting members up until Halloween '11 and will be in talks with the owner of the City Center to put together a haunted house in two or three of the empty offices. So hopefully this goes off without a hitch. Good Times to be had this year.
Next Satuday May 21st, I am holding a meeting at The Wicked Stepsister, in Kissimmee, Florida. From 7:30-8pm to around 10:00pm to discuss any future plans; which include membership, events and the possibility of a haunted house. If anyone would like to join me, please send me a message on here or add me on facebook( ask me for my url profile link via PM.) Uniforms are not required, but the owner’s cool and might give you a free drink if you do wear them. I might convince the owner to throw a little party and get the karaoke machine out. Either way, some good times are to be had; if your not a drinker of beer, there’s also a wine bar a few feet away from the bar.
If anyone else wants to come on down to Kissimmee for the meet up, be there no later than 8:30pm. The bar owner already told me that the place might get packed. Uniforms are optional, and if you want to bring any props, go ahead. It’s going to be a great night.
hey man just bumped into this post, wished i would have read it sooner since i betwen those times i had absolutely nothing to do… anyways i live in poinciana so it takes me like 15 to 20 mins to get to that bar, i just got my flight suit and i’m working on my goggles keep me posted any other activity you guys might do
send me a pm, and I’ll hit you up with my facebook page url. I’m gonna try and do this meet up next saturday; I would have it on wednesday, but that’s ladies night at the bar and there wouldn’t be room inside the 3 sisters speakeasy.
Okay, on my last thread I mentioned a meet up to discuss a possible haunted house and other events for this year. I am going to try and hold the meet up this Saturday night; depending if my Grandmother is doing better; She’s having stints put into the lower part of her leg, either some time tonight or tomorrow morning. So, if everything goes smoothly, and I’m sure it will; (because I will be assisting the doctor in charge) The time to meet up will be around 8pm at The Wicked Stepsister, for more info on where the bar is located, go to http://www.thewickedstepsister.com or send me a pm and I’ll give you my facebook address and I’ll update you on any changes; Now I know that there will be atleast one other member there; S8film40 and possibly G8tor X.
If anyone else in the area would like to come on down; let me know, There’s plenty of room, inside and out. I don’t have a phone, so pm’ing or facebook are my only options right now.
Somehow I sense you missed that part. And anyway, Whatever money is needed to rent the office space for the haunted house will be put up by myself and the owner of the bar.
And anyway, most of the events that happen in Downtown Kissimmee are put up by the local bar and are Free To The Public And why would you even post on this thread? I know you don’t live in my town or anywhere near it, and I know your not interested in helping out; SO, are you trying to bait me? OR start up another argument thread like the other one that gbfans had? If so, you would need to post in the General Discussion thread not this one.
Ok, so that no one else starts to assume that I’ll be making money from the franchise. When I wrote in quotation marks, “Business Partners” I meant that He and I will be working to make the events that are locally held; Better and more creative. And the plans for the haunted house haven’t even been made yet, I haven’t had a chance to meet up with anyone at the bar, nor the owner. And I mentioned my Grandmother’s condition earlier, oh and by the way the stint placement went well; Thanks for asking NHVenkman. And she’ll be coming home tomorrow after 8am.
So, Your asking, "Where will the money for the haunted house come from? " the only thing that will require cash would be for the renting of the space we need. and That will come out of the owner’s and my pockets. I don’t put on my uniform everytime I go downtown after I leave the hospital and throw back a few beers and collect money. So don’t assume it nor anything.
might want to consider the cost of insurance. if someone gets hurt you could get sued out the butt,…
I have done haunted houses for years and we were always required to have insurance. then I am not 100% sure on FL law but most places require that a fire marshal inspects everything to assure it is up to fire safety codes, there is a lot more involved than just setting it up and having people come.
I am by no means trying to deter you but I am hoping that you checked all State and local laws to avoid any issues.
I hope you can do it but please check all your P’s & Q’s.
He’s probably not concerned with safety, just the money.
I don’t know why you’re being so shady about it, Bob. You know you’re going to charge for the Haunted House, and you’ll likely charge to take pictures with you.
It’s not hard for someone reading this thread to notice that the money-focused mindset is still there, you’re just not admitting to it.
First of All, I make enough money to cover the expenses. Second, I’m not apart of the left overs anymore; don’t believe me, check the website for the left overs. And Third, there hasn’t been a meeting yet, to discuss the haunted house. So get off my back you damn newbie and mind your own business. And there is no way in hell I’ll be doing birthdays, especially with my work load. This was just a thread to invite people who are close “Locally” to meet up, and to talk about doing a haunted house. I’ve stated the facts and there is no way you can disprove them, no matter how hard you try. Everytime there’s something posted by me, you’ve gotta stick your nose in it, You don’t even know me, but you feel like you do and you try to cut me down. So go **** yourself and stop trying to act like joe cool.
And Sledge, I’ve already set up a meeting with the local fire marshal and we’re meeting at the city center tomorrow.