Hello everyone,
This is my first post and I’m really excited to be part of the GB community! I guess I should start with a little introduction of who I am and my intersets so you guys (and girls :o) ) can know a little bit about me.
Well I’m currently working on two replica props which are taking all my money and time at the moment but in the near future I hope to expand my efforts to GB gear quite soon. The first of my props that I have spent the most energy on is my Johnny Five replica (hence the user name) from the movie short circuit which I have been working on for the best part of 6 years now. I am working as part of a group to replicate the robot from measurements taken from the original robot and our goal is to end up with a robot that is much stronger and more powerful than the original movie bot. To learn more about more bots, come see us at www.input-inc.com
My second prop is connected to my love of classic muscle cars and from one of my favourate car chase movies ever made. The car is a 1972 Mustang Fastback and was the lead car in the Original 1974 film Gone in 60 Seconds. I wish it were the original car used in the film but its not. Instead, like the J5 bot, I have been steadily upgrading the car over the years with a big powerful Clevo motor, fully independent rear suspension, rack and pinion steering and stiffened chassis. The car is in bare metal form at the moment but it should be in paint quite soon.
I’m an Engineer by trade and I have quite a lot of experience with mechanical and electronic design. I hope I can help others in anyway I can, feel free to ask me engineering related questions and I’ll see what I can do.
Thanks for having me,
Martin
PS: I Joined the theetco1 forum yesterday but now I’m banned??? Can anyone help with that?