My First Proton Pack.

Folks, I’m new here, but I’ve been reading a lot on these forums.

I’m getting ready to start my first Proton pack build. I’ve pretty much decided from what I’ve read here that I really want to use Throwing Chicken’s V3 gun kit. It seems to be getting really good feedback.

I’m also considering purchasing a pack kit from Bob’s Prop shop. I like the history behind the mold and the videos I’ve seen of his packs really look awesome!

I do have a question to put out there. I’ve seen a lot of different feedback on light and sound kits.

Any suggestions on which kits are the most reliable and fairly easy/reliable to install in the pack and gun.

I’ve seen packs use a switch on the pack itself as a master on switch to fire up the cyclotron with sounds, then a second power up on the gun with the double throw push switch for the proton stream.

I’m kinda leaning towards that type of setup.

Any suggestions from the vets who have been doing this longer than myself?

thanks!

2 Likes

Do not buy from Video Bob. See his extensive feedback thread for why: GBFans.com

If you’re going to buy a pack from Videoblob, you may as well not even worry about accurate sounds and lights. Don’t believe any claims he makes about the legacy of his shells, or what he claims are quality packs. There’s a reason he had to make his own parts to fit that shell; the shells are horribly warped and shrunken. You’d be better off with a Studio Creations shell at that point.

There are far more reputable places to buy a shell.

Thanks for the heads up on VideoBob. So, who would you suggest as a vendor for shells?

Vincenzo, Nick-a-tron, Venky (if he had more available) to name a few.

Anyone know when GBFANS store will be getting any more clippard parts in stock? I’d like to purchase those part from here to make sure I get the right parts.

I just ordered some.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

There are a lot of great shells on here that the sellers make. I would go with that, others are not worth the money. TC makes a great thrower and I do recommend it.

I finished my build with TC V3.0 and let me tell you. Definately a beautifully done piece. I also have working on a Studio Creations shell. Allittle extra work on it but for the price, you cant really complain.