well, i got married a few weekends ago, and my now wife had a pretty cool surprise for me. She does one hell of a job with putting up with all my ghostbuster stuff and doesn’t mind me getting packages of parts all the time. Anyway, as they were doing the introductions at the wedding, we all lined up and made our way out to the reception hall. When it was our turn they announced our names and the ghostbusters theme song started playing…it was really funny and i thought that was all that was going to happen. So finally we went over to the cake table and she had a no ghost logo cake made for me along with my picture next to the cake fully suited up..anyway i thought it was pretty cool of her and heres a pic of the cake
That is awesome! Congratulations, man! My fiance and I will be getting married next October and I hope to have the DJ sneak in the Ghostbusters theme song randomly. LOL! Anyway, that cake is awesome! I wish I were at your wedding! LOL! It was definitely a good idea to take pictures. Now you’ll be able to keep a memory of it forever. Did it taste good too? That would make it the best cake ever! LOL! It will certainly make a great addition to the wedding album.
actually the hands were made of fondant…i think thats how you spell it..but they were actually the best part of the cake…thats some good ass ghost haha
That’s awesome! A Ghostbusters cake that tastes great! The best cake ever in the world! LOL!
Before, I wouldn’t have known what you were talking about. Now, I’ve watched Ace of Cakes so much that I know just what fondant is. I’ve always thought it would be so cool to have Charm City Cakes make a Ghostbusters cake. I’d love to see that episode! LOL! Maybe Duff could deliver it in full Ghostbusters gear, proton pack and all.
That’s pretty awesome. Shauna is always talking about making a sheet cake that is a 1:1 scale proton pack. I know she could do it, and every time she brings it up I freak out with excitement and enthusiasm… but it’s yet to become reality.
I actually did that when I got married back in 2006. The DJ asked if there was any certain songs special we wanted to play. He said if there was, to burn a cd and he will play it. Our wedding reception was a dinner cruise/tour ( a three hour tour :lol: ) We made a CD, but he didn’t get the CD my wife made. The night before the wedding, I remade the cd. Put the songs she wanted on there, then added the Bus Boys Cleanin Up the Town, Saving The Day, Higher and Higher, GB2 Theme song and then Ray Parker. One of my Grooms men is part of my group ( Louisville Ghostbusters) and the other 3 were at the reception too and once they heard the Bus Boys songs, they started laughing. Sadly my wife didn’t catch it until Saving The Day. She said that there better not be any other GB songs on there. I started to laugh a little, granted she didn’t. The crowd at the reception just figured it was some random songs, but once Ghostbusters started to play, they all laughed and had a good time.