My MT-5000 3D Model: What should it's future be?

Hey All,

A while ago I set out to create the most accurate MT-500 model I could make. With the help of many people I finally finished it and since then it has just sat in my projects folder gathering dust.

My intention was to find someone who was interested in making this thing function. I had some cool ideas for making it a Wifi/Bluetooth communication device, a remote control for a trap or pack, a rechargeable battery pack for gear, or having it play AI generated voices of the boys in grey as a belt hanger.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find anyone who is interested. I have been trying to learn basic electronics myself, but it is just not my wheelhouse and so I am looking for suggestions for what I should do with it.

Should I:

put it online, add a price and hope it pays for a few meals?

put it online for free and just chalk it up to a learning experience?

keep trying to learn electronics and see what I can make?

pay someone to make the electronics?

Make one for myself and just move on with life?

sell the model to someone?

Any thoughts?

That is indeed an incredible-looking model. If you could optimize it for printing it would be truly amazing, as I’m guessing that the way it’s built now doesn’t lend well to typical 3D printing techniques (generally models optimized for looking perfect in a computer don’t, so).

Whatever you decide to do with it, I wish you luck. Great work!

Thank you. It was built for 3D printing. It would work with FDM, but I printed a few parts in tough resin for a test. It goes together with real screws and has internal mounts for electronics.

"I had some cool ideas for making it a Wifi/Bluetooth communication device "

You can ‘gut’ / take apart one of the smaller bluetooth speakers . Some models with work with your smart phone ( Answer call / hangup / voice dial )