My neutrino beam/slimer prop

Sup guys. This was my first time putting together a GB costume. I wanted to come up with something special to make it stand out and this idea popped into my head. I had no idea at first how I was going to make it work, but it turned out to be pretty easy. Check it out.

by the way, the whole thing is easily removable just by unplugging the connector from the 12v battery pack/sequencer and sliding it off the end of the wand.

That is a really really cool effect to put on a nuetrona wand. Very creative, very cool!

Awesome!

One of the more interesting designs I have seen lately. Loved it.

That’s brilliant. Well done.

Haha!! That looks great. Awesome idea.

I like almost everything about this.

Questions: Where’s that Slimer from?

What was used for the ‘lightning’ around the proton beam?

Is there a way to do this so there’s no black ‘chimney’ atop Slimer’s head?

And if you don’t mind a piece of constructive advice, it’s probably best to avoid having a pouch or whatever it was right at the front of your belt. It gives the belt the look of a loincloth or a sumo wrestler’s mawashi.

That one minor criticism aside, wow, top marks for thinking outside the box on this one!

Alex

Never mind, I found out what that Slimer was…

Alex

Hey, thanks again guys. Glad you liked it.

Yeah I got that slimer prop from Amazon, but I think they also sold it at other places like Target. The black post on the top is where the gear mechanism is housed that makes it “walk” along the provided cord that you can string between two points. I thought about sawing it off, but didn’t have time to do it.

The lighting was just a bunch of EL(electro-luminescent) wire. I can’t recall the name of the online place I ordered it from. It was a custom order that included 3 different colors of 6’ lengths and a 9v battery pack and 3to1 harness. The pack had dials for flashing duration and light intensity.

I cut a hole in the front of the slimer large enough to fit the clear plastic tube through. I had to be careful not to damage the circuit board inside. I secured the tube in place with hot glue. I twisted one of the EL wires inside the tube and then hot glued the other two around the tube and slimer. The other end of the tube fit over the muzzle of the gun(I had taken measurements to make sure it would fit). It was a snug fit so I didn’t need to secure it with anything. It also make it easy to remove. I just had to pull it off and pop out the EL harness from the battery pack, which I had secured to the side of the gun.

The pouch you referred to was actually a pair of black latex gloves. I didn’t realize that they had shifted over to the middle. They were originally off to the side. Bugs me every time I watch the video. :stuck_out_tongue:

It might just be the black belt that makes it look like a pouch. Keep your eyes open for the gbfans store to restock the khaki belts again. I missed it the last time.

I do like the whole setup. VERY clever!

What a great idea for all those Halloween pics that get snapped when out and about! Great work!!

Nice work! Very creative.