My Uniform.....

Hello all!

I’ve made a start on my uniform! I got my patches last weekend and today my flight suit arrived! I’d accidently ordered my name patch with velcro on the back but turns out it was a happy accident as my flight suit has velcro already where the name patch should go. I’ve stuck my name patch on but have yet to sew the no ghost patch on, hoping to get it done tonight.

Trying it on has spurred me on and I’ve ordered my elbow pads, chemical gloves and leg hose attachment today. I am hoping to have it basically finished ready to attend the London Film and Comic Convention and have ordered the proton pack back pack to take with me. No where near an actual proton pack but it’ll do well for me at the convention and hold all my swag!

I’ll update as and when I add more, can’t wait!

Hey looking great! It is amazing how quickly the basic Ghostbusters uniform can come together. It is cool you remembered the leg hose. That is what makes a GB uniform awesome in my opinion. The only thing I think you need is a pistol belt and a belt gizmo. If you look a few threads down you can see how I made one for super cheap.

Were you going to put both of those patches on your suit? I think that would be cool, one on each shoulder.

Welcome to the addiction! Keep us updated on your progress!

I just made a magnetic disconnect leg hose connector. One of the best things I’ve made so far and it’s relatively cheap and easy to make. Not sure if you can find the exact poeces bishop used in his tutorial since you’re in the UK, but it might be a worthwhile investment.

Thanks guys!

shootforit I was thinking of buying a black arm band and stitching the Spengler memorial patch to that, then when I make other suits (e.g. GB2) I can just pull it over the sleeve instead of buying a new patch for each suit. I still have to order the pistol belt and my boots, plus some other stuff like the actual leg hose and paint for the elbow pads but it’s coming together quickly! I’ve been looking at the Nick-a-tron belt gizmo kits but wanted to get the basic suit pieces first. The belt gizmo is going to be my first attempt at a prop so looking forward to testing out my building skills!

Wow Hijacker that sounds awesome! I’ve just ordered my leg hose connector from Nick-a-tron but it’s something I’ll add to the list of future props to make! I’ll see if I can find the post and check if I can buy the parts over here :slight_smile:

That’s bishop’s tutorial. He bought his stuff from Home Depot in the electrical section.

This is the gizmo kit I was considering from Spongeface. I was thinking of getting just the board since I have access to everythig else.

Thanks a lot Hijacker! :smiley:

Got my patch sewn on yesterday. took me a lot longer than I expected to stitch the patch on, think it ended up taking me close to three hours!

My elbow pads arrived today! So pleased :slight_smile: Hoping to scratch the logos off tonight then have to find somewhere to buy the pain from, preferably from a shop instead of online.

Also I’ve started a blog detailing building up my uniform and I’ll be posting on there when I’m starting to build props (as well as on here), if you fancy a look here’s the link: http://joiningtheghostbusters.blogspot.co.uk/

If you wanna be crafty, you don’t need any fancy paint, just a couple cans of black and grey spraypaint. Check this link.

When you’re done painting them, you can scrub it on a carpet to weather them some. That will also help remove those logos.

Pass by an auto shop and pick up some Charcoal Gray Fabric/Vinyl Spray Paint! Works wonders!

I have finished the uniform! I know I haven’t been posting updates but I’ll put details up later. Just wanted to show that I’d finished it and in time for LFCC :smiley:

Great work! You were born to wear this stuff.

Everything looks great! Now you just need a pack!

Looks great! Good job! Don’t you just love how easy it was to put together, and it just looks so frickin awesome in the end?

Nicely done!

Thanks guys! Had an awesome time putting it together (although I was stressing out at certain points)! I think I managed to go from nothing to this in about a month. Just all the props now haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Think I’ll be starting with the belt gizmo first as it seems like the easiest, but will be starting that when my bank account has recovered from London Film and Comic Convention this weekend.

My aim was to have the uniform finished for then and I’ve done it! Already excited to start building my props :slight_smile:

What was the easiest prop that you’ve made for your Ghostbusters uniform?

Grab yourself a seam ripper, take off the jumpsuit and name tape velcrow and sew it on! It will look loads better, other than that it is looking fine. Good job.

You look like a real Ghostbuster! You nailed i!

The Belt Gizmo isn’t too difficult. Here’s the tutorial I used for my first gizmo several years ago:

http://www.tk2441.co.uk/gb-belt.htm

Belt gizmos are pretty easy. DVC’s tutorial is great, as is shootforit’s. Just don’t let any toddlers get a hold of it. Found that out from first hand experience…

That’s a great link! Bookmarking that, definitely!

Yeah check out my gizmo build in my signature. If you choose to go that route, as stated in the thread, I have three extra sets of the LED lights I used in my build that I am wanting to give away for free.

If you want one of them let me know.