Mysterious belt

I was at an artist and comic expo today. A fellow ghosthead from GB fans had a booth setup which included Ghostbuster items. One of his items for sale is something I’m not familiar with. The back side of the buckle states that it is the Lee brand. But one unique part of the belt is that it came with a metal stamp for Return of the Jedi. He said he searched the internet and found no information. I’m not coming up with much either. Would any of you guys know anything? He’s trying to find the value of this so he can price it accordingly. Any help would be grateful!

imageimageimage

Could be a factory error, or it could be that someone replaced a broken belt/buckle. It’s hard to say since it never came in any kind of sealed packaging.

I remember having this belt as a kid. I don’t recall it ever having a RotJ stamp on it, though.

That’s interesting. Do you remember where it was purchased or any other information? I’m thinking Doctor Venkman’s explanation above makes most sense so far.

No. I was like 4 at the time. I haven’t seen that belt in decades, either. lol I just remember wearing it all the time when I was a kid.

I definitely had that belt as a kid. I wore it with everything, but that ROTJ looks like either someone stamped it on there later in life, or like was previously stated, factory error. Never seen one with that on there before.