New guy in Orlando

Well, new to the Ghostbusters community that is. Some of you all might know me from the RPF or MM.net, the Rebel Legion, 501st, Cobra Cares, or other various costuming groups.

Name’s Eric, and I’ve been around the prop community since about 1997.

Stumbled upon this site looking to put together a GB costume for Halloween and some FL conventions. My younger brother and my wife have both expressed interest as well, so over the next year I should be here a lot, looking for advice and tutorials for proton packs, and other prop goodies.

Here is what I threw together for Halloween this year:

image

Suit is CWU-27/P Nomex, (that I dyed a little more gray using the Nik-a-tron tutorial)

Name Tape from Kathy at Katarra

No Ghost from Intergalactic in Longwood

Pt 1 rubber hose fitting and dyed yellow tubing

My elbow pads didnt show up in time, but I just got them. I grabbed the defender pads from ebay.

And I have the Matty Collector Ghost Trap. (Still looking for a PKE if I can ever find one for less than $200.)

The rest I will be building up as the year progresses. Hope to have some more belt gadgets, and possibly a PKE or Ecto Goggles by Mega Con. Would love to have the proton pack and wand complete by Dragon Con or Halloween 2012 at the latest.

Glad to be part of the site, and looking forward to Ghostbustin’ with the FL crews.