New IGB wireless traps... sort of

Hey everybody, looks like i posted this in the wrong place before so…

I’m in pre production of a fan film, and i’m need at least 4 more ghost traps for it, however i don’t have the cash to spend on 4 wonderful versions, nor do i have tons of time to spend making them, soooooooooo i began research on building a trap that is cost effective, reasonably priced, can be built in 1/2 a day or so (pending all materials gathered) and can be passed off as a trap one could be seen using on the job.

Initially i thought to to stick as close to the movie versions as possible, but i was re-reading the comics and noticed that the traps there are slightly different than those of the movie (mostly artistic license) So i’ve decided to base the basic shape/design on that, and go from there. So far i have gathered:

A storage box with two opening doors,

a circuit box used for home lighting switches,

3/4 diamater pvc pipe,

3/4 wood dowl

black spray paint

A piece of cardboard from a pepsi 12 pack…

The storage box has a resemblence to the shape of the traps in the comic, and that’s why i chose it. THe doors however have two circles in the center that ‘lock’ the doors shut. This will be an interesting design decision, and i think will become a very unique trap. I’ve already started construction on a trial piece…

[/img]

I used yellow electrical tape, for i had problems with paint before. I’m getting ahold of accurate trap resistors and will complete the visual details soon. Then i will begin fixing up construction on the handle (where there are holes and damage from construction) as well as doing other manditory things.

feedback encouraged, as i want to know if i’m going thr right route. Thanks guys.

I actually like the concept…now to get down to business, please explain the concept of the locking controls for the trap door. I have a really cool picture in my head for this, but I want to hear the idea from the creator to see if I was right or if I was wrong…but keep up the good work.