Newbie from UK.

Hi

Just a quick hello from the UK. This will be my first costume, recently recieved my flightsuit, belt, gizmo holster and leg hose in the post, as well as a name patch and No Ghost patch. A friend of mine is doing a scratch-build proton pack which he’s going to do a vacuum pull of for me when it’s done. Hoping to get my costume bodged together enough (with an inflatable proton pack as a stand-in facepalm) for a fancy dress party in September, then I’ll be improving it as best I can.

I’m from London, grew up watching the Ghostbusters films and always loved them - my sister made me a cardboard pack when I was a kid, and I had the toy trap that had the pneumatic pedal (stomp on it hard enough and the doors would fly open). It was my above friend who set the spark for creating the costume, when he mentioned his build and that he’d make me one, so I figured, well, what’s the point in having a pack if you don’t have a costume to go with it :slight_smile:

Welcome! Sounds like you’re on you’re way to an incredible costume. Post pictures. And most importantly, have fun!

Welcome Lex!

Do you know the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square? Their having a GB screening on Oct 18th!

Don’t forget to also check out The U.K. Ghostbusters for other events where you can show off your new gear and put it to good use!

:slight_smile:

Welcome :slight_smile:

No, I don’t know it, nor did I know about the screening. I wouldn’t mind checking it out…if it wasn’t for the fact that I think I’ll be in Australia about then :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve signed up for the UKGB board, haven’t posted yet tho, I’ll get to it :slight_smile:

Not to worry, this will be their 4th screening (to my count) so I’m sure there’ll be more!

Plus there’s loads more events coming up too!