Newbie in the UK .... to GB Costume (but not to costuming)

Hi All,

So I have started down this rabbit hole (again)

Is there a list of items required for a GB1 so I can create a check list -

(its the little bits I am not sure of e.g. what should be hanging on belt / hose and connector)

Proton Pack (2-3 weeks away)

Electronics (waiting Ninjatunes return from holiday)

Flightsuit (sorted)

Belt (sorted)

Elbow Pads (working on it)

Boots (still unsure of an alternative to Corcoran)

Patches (sorted)

image

Welcome aboard!

There are a few folk producing stuff in the UK now. Forum user Tyger Cheex has a sale thread where he does GB1 belt fobs, as well as gizmo and PKE holsters. do_ray_egons on Instagram does belt fobs and holsters too. Keymaster Props does a nice leg hose adapter and leg hose, or forum user EctoLabs has one in the sale forum as well. EctoLabs also does a belt gizmo if that floats your boat.

Welcome fellow UK-er :slight_smile:

Happy to second what tobycj said - I can’t speak highly enough of Tyger Cheex for his fobs, do_ray_egons Gizmo holster, Keymaster Props for his Trap Holster (good belt cut-out size too), and EctoLabs’ hose & adaptor (Cathmax™️) is awesome.

I have been looking around for Corcoran or a close equivalent too, but no dice. Will probably end up getting a second hand pair from eBay from the States (which has the benefit of not having to break them in). Currently using generic 10" lace ups that I bought a few years ago from an army surplus in Sheffield for a Clockwork Orange outfit - cost £15.

I ended up getting a Tru-Spec and GBFans pads via Amazon US while GBFans had temporarily suspended shipping to the UK, but I did chance across a couple of Nomex suits in another surplus near me, so it’s always worth keeping an eye out.

Oh - and if you want a turn-key, fully modded Walmart trap & 3d printed pedal, check out Frangofett on Etsy. Great experience with Mike, really cool guy to deal with :+1:

Welcome aboard, Andrew! :slight_smile: Where’re you based in the UK?

Hi, Based just North of Manchester is a lovely place called Rossendale.

So I think I have got everything ordered … just sat waiting for deliveries

Even ordered some items I didn’t know I wanted … like marshmallow smoke

Only items I haven’t found yet are Boots and Gizmo (plus holster)..

I can see busy times building / assembling coming up…

If you haven’t already, check out EctoLabs Gizmo & holster combo - currently unavailable (sorry!) but registering interest worth a shot and helps him decide if/when to do another run.

Thanks for the shoutouts guys, and welcome Andrew!

FYI… I will be doing more gizmo kits and holsters soon. Most items on the store are currently out of stock as I’m in an ‘in-between’ period, but hoping to have a few more available in time for Halloween. As Nighty says, put your name on the interest list at ectolabs.net and you will get an email as soon as I have more. All the details are on the website. I am based in London, so easy shipping within the UK too :slight_smile:

Damn missed the run again …