Nick A Tron mk3 Stunt Trap Build

Hey all, so the Halloween crunch is on for me and I’m trying to get all my props done in time for an event my group is doing on the 29th. So far I’m farthest along on my trap.

This is a great kit from Nick. And so far it has been a nice and fast build. image

Time to start drilling.

image

image

Got a hole through where the handle connects to the body and a matching hole in the handle.

image

Countersink that hole.

image

image

And bolt it on.

image

Drill holes in the base plate.

image

On goes the base plate.

image

And also the indicator, with countersunk screws.

image

And bondo those holes.

image

And a V hook, courtesy of Ejgunth87.

After this I took it all apart and scrubbed the parts in slightly warm soapy water and let them dry over night. More to come later.

Next comes the primer. image

Then the colors.

image

image

image

Next will be detail painting and the door stripes.

Looking good! Cant wait to see her all finished :slight_smile:

It just needs stripes, I’m having a hard time getting them to stay in place as the electrical tape keeps moving on its own. I was thinking of just hand painting them on. Doesn’t have to be perfect since it is a stunt trap for my belt. Thanks for checking it out Nick.

How have I missed this thread? Looking great! Nick’s new kit looks awesome and you’re doing it justice. Nice one

Thanks man, trying to get this and the pack done by Halloween. More updates to come on that soon.

You’re welcome man. Looking forward to your updates