I’ve been wanting to create a ninja turtle costume for a couple of years now. So with a new home which means more space, I’m able to start creating the costume. I’m starting off with Mikey’s head then will do the other three turtles before moving onto the bodies. I’m aiming to have it fully completed prior to Halloween next year, so far I think I have a nice early start on it. I’m hoping to have mikey’s head finished by this weekend and molded by the following weekend. which means that Leo will be next. let me know what you guys think so far.
That mouth mechanism looks very intriguing. Will the jaw actually be able to open and close?
You should also consider posting this at the RPF website (Replica Prop Forums) where people do all sorts of movie costume re-creations and interpretations.
Alex
The plan is to recreate the jaw mechanism so both the upper and lower lips will move when the jaw moves. Once I get a little further on the project I’ll probably post over there too.
This I like. A LOT!
Thanks, I have turtle arms and a raph head that was supposedly used in the third movie. Ill be using the arms as a reference when constructing my versions. Still need to locate the head. ( was lost during the move, but I believe its still in storage somewhere).
This is awesome! Totally radical dude! Lol i love the turtles! I was into them just as much as gb!
sent from my PKE meter
6 hours of creating the texture of the skin, probably another 8 hours before I can smooth out the texture to look more natural. Hopefully I should have the texture done by tomorrow night. Here’s a pic of all the small dots…its exhausting
Reminds me of the texture of a basketball or football. Looking “totally radical, dude!” :crunch:
I was hoping I could use the underside of a football to help with the the time spent on texture, instead I’m having to make each circle it looks a little rough right now once I heat the clay the circles will barely be noticeable recreating the look from the movie.
That’s fantastic! Hope you’re in good health again ![]()
I’m happy to say I’m at my 6 month remission mark! Thanks for asking vince.
Also here is a pic of the texture effect I’m going for.
I SEEN SOME SHIT, MAN. SHIT YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE.
Seriously though, I’m really looking forward to seeing this thing as it progresses and the final result. Keep it up!
lol nice tyrael.
Here is the finished product, there will be some minor touch up’s prior to molding. Which if all works out will be this weekend. Picked up the fabric for his bandanna as well. After putting in almost 23 hours into one mask, I’ve decided that I’ll wait on the other three turtle heads and focus on the rest of the costume. Haven’t decided on what part of the costume I wanna start on first after the mask gets molded. any suggestions on what you guys want to see first?
Oh definatly the shell! Then nunchucks! Then the rest!
sent from my PKE meter
technically the shell should be after the upper torso and upper leg (shorts section) to make sure that the back part and the front part of the shell covers everything else, but am looking forward to the shell for sure!
the turtle suits in the first movie were amazing for the time period, it’s still my favorite of all the TMNT movies. looking forward to seeing how your costume progresses.
Yeah I agree, the costumes progressively got worse, i preferred donnie’s head sculpt from the first movie. here is an example of how my costume will be put together…just like the originals.
interesting note (Im sure you already know) but actor Josh Pais was the only one of the turtles in the first movie who not only did the voice for Raphael, he was also in the Raphael suit (so apparently he knows karate etc)… I found that out by watching the directors commentary for "Gentlemen Broncos, in which Josh Pais co-stars.
he also had an out-of-costume cameo as the guy in the back of the taxi right after Raph meets Casey for the first time.
(Gentlemen Broncos)
Didn’t know that about raph voicing and under the suit. i knew he was in the back of the taxi, also the guy who played mikey wasn’t he the dominos guy?
Apparently, all four of the actors made cameos outside of their suits. I couldn’t tell you where, though.















