When ray got possessed and when vigo went back in the painting, what happened to his eyes and face, was that supposed to be Vigos real appearance or a mix of ray and vigo or what?
I think it was Vigo possessed Ray and attempted to take over Ray’s body permanently as a back up to Oscar. So you were seeing Vigo, his true form as a ghost. My interpretation of the scene was once Ray was doused in the positive Psychomagnetheric Slime, Vigo was excised/or at least his hold over Ray was severed and Ray was able to leap to safety. The stunned Vigo was further weakened by the slime and pushed back into the painting.
Also it was a cinematic tool to SHOW Ray was possessed instead of say, no makeup or voice change
Yeah kinda what I thought. Just thought it was wierd why the face changed completley from vigo classic. Never understood why they didnt just have vigo appear in a stanz uniform.
I remember whn i was young folk tried to tell me that face was actually the alien that the woman on tales of the psychic saw. Funny how everyone has diferent interpretations eh?
Also I might be going out on a limb here but once Vigo’s demon form is finally revealed, I’m almost certain that it’s Dan in the Vigo costume, not Wilhelm. The shape of the face and head look exactly the same as Dan’s. which would make sense considering they had Dan in the makeup anyway. They probably got Dan to film the Vigo portion as well since it is very brief.
on William Forches FB i forget who he said it was…ILM technician Howie Weed, who also played the Demonic possessed Stanz in the film.
Maybe being a powerful magician he was able to mask his true self and finally weakened back in the painting he couldn’t do much of anything turned back and as a last ditch effort, took over Ray… (and ehh a genius in many ways) pretty smart of Vigo to have a backup plan.
I’m always torn about the GB2 deleted stuff, it would’ve really connected it more to the finale where Ray is possessed goes on a driving crazy spree but I can see how it would slow it down. As it stands you still remember “oh yeah” that happened when he was at the museum taking pictures but meh it is what it is…
True, but the Vigo possessing Ray was a better scene than that draft on Spook Central where Vigo grabs Ray and tries to use him as a human shield.
Howie Weed? Wasn’t he also the Wampa in the Special Edition version of ESB?
I remember an interview with Howie in Star Wars Insider or some publication like that, talking about practical jokes among the ILM staff… like someone hiding sardines inside the Wampa suit after filming one day and him nearly retching the next time he wore the suit.
Alex