owning the streets straped with your pack...

well halloween came and went and i owned the streets…some of you took bets as to weather id ever get done do to my constant asking of questions…i worked on my pack for about 6 to 10 days leading up to halloween…my first pack, its vac formmed which i also had to build the vac forming table in those few days i had…so while i cut corners ill say its pretty decent i think…by no means perfect but whatever…everyone on the streets ate it up big time. my question is, now that halloweens over, whats the best way to mount that bad boy on the wall with proper support and such…id like to do a wooden backing to “frame” it out…

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v363/18/116/198601774/n198601774_30815562_3599.jpg

oh and for the record the proton gun i made in 5 hours and sorta sucked but what do i care…i was whipping it around drunk as hell all nite anyways…youd be surprised how good of a hook it makes to lift girls skirts up with…

I was figureing on just using a wall bicycle hook to mount our packs on the wall.

Only thing I wish I could have found, was a battery source for the packs that had an ac adapter. Then I could plug the packs in, and leave them on 24/7 as a wall display.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&safe=off&q=9v+battery+eliminator&scoring=p

Looks great! Was this your first time vaccumforming?

turned out pretty good! some around here thought you couldn’t do it…but i never gave up on you…riiight lol.

We got one!

I hung my pack on the wall using the hook bracket from a wheelbarrow wall mount…

Available here…

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009WG6MA?asin=B0009WG6MA&tag=gbfans-discourse-20

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

I won’t lie man I thought you couldn’t do it, but you proved me wrong, I’m proud of you dude :smiley:

That would be a waste of energy, man. Talk about an electrical vampire. I’d just take out the batteries when I mount it, if I had a pack.

yeah it was my first time vac forming…i didnt even know what vac forming was 3 weeks ago lol…so i had to also build the table etc for that and figure out how to do it…like i said…obviously not perfect, but still pretty smooth looking…and the measurements seem to pass good enough…lol never underestimate the power of the bman. lol and the only battle damage i had was the tip of the gun came off but i forgot to glue it into place so thats my own drunk fault…as you can see here in a before and after somehow my woman drunk straddling me blew the tip off my neutron wand load…

lol heres another great gb pic from the night after halloween…

LEDs use up almost no power at all, and have a life of 10,000 -40,000 hours. Only negative is if you have something flashing, it’s flashing all the time with very bright lights.

What I usually do, is put things on an electrical timer, so the come on at say 7pm, and then shut off about 11:30 pm or so.

The battery replacement things look good, but the battery packs we’re using don;t have jacks for them. I do prefer their rubber water resistant push on.off buttons though…

The wheelbarrow mount looks like a brilliant idea! I notice they are from the ace hardware outlet, so I’ll haunt my local store to check them out.. only thing I’m concerned about it the gun mounts angle pushing the back of the gun constantly into the wall, and the arms being long enough to accommodate the top bar of the alice frame.

As long as you have the 1/2" spacers between the motherboard and the alice frame, it fits perfectly. I have no problems with mine.

I just used a $0.65 hook from home depot. because the pack goes slightly higher than the frame, its hidden fully from view.

Only problem is I hung it on the wall when the gun wasn’t mounted to the block and now there’s not enough clearance to hang the gun now due to the shelf above it. stupid. :walterpeck:

lol i just measured the space i was gonna put mine up on…then measured the pack…it had a perfect 1 inch clearance…then i realized the handle of the gun sticks way higher. dammit. at least im not the only one…

Better your equipment is 1 inch longer then one inch shorter then you thought…