Pack opinions needed!

sooo I was an idiot and bout a shell from 145will a few months back without any prior research, needless to say this was a HUGE mistake. When it arrived, one quarter of the cyclotron was broken off and since then I have bought many parts from Colin at MMM (who has been phenomenal not only in customer service but in quality! highly recommended) and have come to realize this shell is a complete pile and have learned my lesson. The way I see it i have a few options, suck it up and make it work, buy a new shell, or I thought maybe someone would have any ideas or tips. Thanks!

I alas have no suggestions for you. I am sorry it happened though. If could post pictures of the damage maybe one of the build vets would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck on your pack!

145 Makes his shells completely from resin which makes them extremely heavy. The good news is that if you can get all the missing parts glued back where they belong you can add more resin on the inside and it should bond to the outer layer. You could also use fiberglass to fix that. On the outside you can use some Ave’s Apoxy Sculpt to make the necessary repairs.

When you lose don’t lose the lesson right :wink:

Post some pics so we can see what needs to be done, I’m sure it’s fixable

this is what i found when i opened the box …

That’s actually not bad at all.

You can epoxy that back together, fill the cracks with body filler and perhaps reinforce it from behind with some fiberglass cloth like Vin suggested

At least it’s not in a thousand little pieces.

It’s all resin though? Wow. I bet that weighs 50 lbs.

yeah man its got some weight to it.

you guys know of anyone that has used this shell and how it turned out?

Not bad. 0_o

I have this shell myself… I honestly don’t have too many complaints. Sure its heavy as a ■■■■… but that just gives me the excuse to say “always hated this part of the business” and fall slightly forward while putting it on lol. Mine seemed to turn out brilliantly and i’ve had it for a few years, pretty happy… although his customer service was pretty crappy if I remember rightly. lesson learned

http://www.gbfans.com/fans/props/proton-packs/4245/

(The Wand in my pics is finished now but wasn’t at the time of taking the pics :frowning: )

How’s the repairs going? had any luck sticking her back together?

wow, seeing those finished pack set me back on track! they both look great! I epoxy’d everything back together but Im a littler nervous about reinforcing with fiberglass, I’ve never worked with it before…I guess there aint nothin to it but to do it, right?

Good luck… Keep us updated!

Pic from my phone isnt the greatest but you can see where the glass matting is, not too bad for a first time try.

Great job man!

Excellent job! :nicejobyoudid:

Looking good!

thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the help!