Hi im in the uk. What’s the best spray paint to use on a proton pack
Hi, I think most of the proton packs are made from resin or plastic, so the way i would paint them is with a plastic primer then ordinary car paint or plastikote do a range of sprays to paint straight onto plastic. Halfords do the plastic primer or b&q for the plastikote.
I’m yet to paint a fibreglass shell, but I found the spray paints sold by Halfords very satisfactory. ![]()
Halfords satin black
Halfords grey primer
I believe those are the colours and paints I’ve seen highly recommended by a lot of people…These are what I believe is what I believe Nick-A-Tron uses and his painting skills are one of the best I’ve seen.
You need a special primer for any metal parts you may be painting although for some of my metal items I’m not going to bother priming as I don’t believe the original packs had primed metal parts.
The paints mentioned in this thread are the ones I’ve been recommended too. Im going with grey primer, silver then satin black so my pack will weather naturally over time
If any of your parts are aluminium you will need to use etch primer. This bites into the metal and gives a good adhesion coating, before you prime be sure to give the metal a good clean, normally a light sanding with 240 paper is good enough. Aluminium begins to oxidise in a very short time.